Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor
April 1 2019, David R BrownTweet
Tokyo-headquartered, Sumitomo Corporation and SACI–CFPA, a French-based cosmetic ingredients distributor, have agreed that Sumitomo will acquire 90% of SACI-CFPA's shares. SACI-CFPA has distributed ingredients, developed formulations and provided solutions to cosmetic manufacturers for nearly 40 years. It provides ingredients to more than 300 companies throughout Europe, with a portfolio heavily weighted towards naturally-derived materials.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
The acquisition of SACI-CFPA expands Sumitomo Corporation’s business in the European market. Europe's cosmetic market is worth nearly EUR 78 billion, and is the largest in the world along with North America. The European market is expected to grow at an average rate of 3% annually over the next few years.
The move is the latest in Sumitomo’s strategic growth plan for its personal care business; in recent years it has acquired U.S.-based Presperse Corporation, Cosmotec in Brazil and Europe’s Summit Pharmaceuticals. Sumitomo is looking to integrate SACI into its current cosmetic distribution network, leveraging each company’s product portfolio, R&D and formulation knowledge and regulatory expertise to enhance operations and sales opportunities across their regions.
In 2018 SACI-CFPA had sales in excess of EUR 25 million and 21 employees. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
About Sumitomo Corporation
Sumitomo Corporation is one of the largest worldwide Sogo shosha general trading companies, and is a diversified corporation (conglomerate). The company was incorporated in 1919, and is a member company of the Sumitomo Group. In the financial year ending march 2018 Sumitomo Corporation had revenues of USD 43.6Bn.
Source(s): Sumitomo Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release