Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food
March 29 2019, David R BrownTweet
France-headquatered, specialty chemicals distributor Safic-Alcan has announced that the group has acquired 100% of the shares of Luigi & Felice Castelli S.p.A. ('LFC'), a distributor of ingredients to the Italian life sciences sector for an undisclosed sum. In a parallel transaction Safic-Alcan also took a majority share in Castelli Food S.p.A. ('CF'), a distributor of specialty ingredients for the Food & Beverage Industry. Both companies are based in Milan.
The acquisition of Luigi and Felice Castelli is a major step forward for our ambitious life science plans in EMEAYann Lissillour
Director of Mergers and Acquisitions for Safic-Alcan
Established in 1868 and headquartered in Milan, Luigi & Felice Castelli is a well-known distributor with a focus on ingredients for cosmetic in Italy as well as serving the pharmaceutical industry. Castelli Food S.p.A. was formed in 2015 and specialises in the Italian food sector supplying products such as yeast extracts, fibers, spices and herbs, milk derivatives, vegetal extracts, custom blends and a full range of other organic products.
“The acquisition of Luigi and Felice Castelli is a major step forward for our ambitious life science plans in EMEA,” stated Yann Lissillour, Director of Mergers and Acquisitions for Safic-Alcan.
“Luigi and Felice Castelli is an excellent fit to our activities in Italy, together with our existing local structure headed by Pietro Affer, we will become a formidable force in the country,” concluded Philippe Combette, CEO of Safic-Alcan.
The LFC team will remain under the auspices of Mr Ravanelli and Mr Sala and Dr Montana will continue to lead the activities of the Castelli Food division. He will aslo remain a shareholder of the company.
Safic-Alcan is a French independent distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense (France). The Company develops and provides wide ranges of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern Europe, the USA and Mexico. Safic-Alcan employs 585 people worldwide and posted sales revenues of EUR 611 million in 2018.
Source(s): Safic Alcan Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release