Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction
September 19 2018, David R BrownTweet
Global chemical and ingredient distributor, Univar Inc. (NYSE: UNVR) and Nexeo Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXEO), a leading global chemicals and plastics distributor, have entered into a definitive agreement for Univar to acquire Nexeo in a transaction valued at approximately USD 2.0 billion, including debt and other obligations (USD 1.05 billion cash-and-stock). The combined business will have revenues of around USD 12 billion prior to any future divestments.
This transformational combination is designed to create the premier global chemical and ingredients distributorDavid Jukes, President and CEO of Univar
Univar said the Nexeo transaction would add to its earnings and cash flow in the first full year and generate USD 100 million of annual cost savings by the third year following the deal, expected to close in the first half of 2019, subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals.
Univar's president and CEO, David Jukes, said: “This transformational combination is designed to create the premier global chemical and ingredients distributor, with exciting opportunities for our customers, suppliers, employees and investors. Together, we will drive growth and shareholder value with the largest North American sales force in chemical and ingredients distribution, the broadest product offering, and most efficient supply chain network in the industry.”
Nexeo's CEO, David Bradley, added: “We share Univar's confidence in the future of our combined enterprise, given the strong strategic alignment across our business models, go-to-market strategies, superior product offerings, and digital capabilities. This combination represents a logical and compelling step forward, consistent with our focus on accelerating growth for the benefit of our customers, employees and suppliers”.
Consistent with its focus on chemicals and ingredients distribution, Univar has hired an external advisor to evaluate strategic alternatives for Nexeo's industry leading Plastics business, which may include a potential divestiture. Nexeo's Plastics business is a distributor of prime thermoplastic resins and other products supporting OEMs, molders and design firms around the world, and accounted for half of Nexeo’s total revenue in 2017.
Goldman Sachs and Co is Univar’s financial adviser, while Moelis & Co is advising Nexeo.
Founded in 1924, Univar is a global chemical and ingredient distributor and provider of value-added services, working with leading suppliers worldwide. Supported by a comprehensive team of sales and technical professionals with deep specialty and market expertise, Univar operates hundreds of distribution facilities throughout North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. In 2017, Univar reported revenues of USD 8.25 million and had nearly 9,000 employees located in 31 countries.
Source(s): Univar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources