Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada
July 13 2018, David R BrownTweet
Caldic B.V., international distributor and producer of food ingredients and specialty chemicals, has completed the acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients, a supplier of food ingredients and blending solutions to the Canadian market. The completion of this agreement underlines Caldic's contining drive to become a leading global food ingredient solution provider.
With this acquisition, Caldic is underlining its strategy to be a leading global distributor for the food industryOlav van Caldenborgh
CEO of Caldic B.V
Since 1955, HTG has invested in developing its dry blending and distribution capabilities and has built a strong reputation through a focus on tailored quality products, customer service and innovation. With their broad product range, including stabilizer systems, custom blends, flavour systems, dairy ingredients, extracts and sweeteners, and their extensive service portfolio, they are believed to be an excellent fit to Caldic's existing activities in North America.
In recent years, Caldic has demonstrated putting a strong focus on growing its business in food ingredients serving food processing companies in the Bakery, Dairy, Beverage, Savoury, Confectionary and Nutrition markets. “With this acquisition, Caldic is underlining its strategy to be a leading global distributor for the food industry”, says Mr. Olav van Caldenborgh, CEO of Caldic B.V. “Caldic’s successes have been built on its customer-centric culture. With the presence and wide range products and services, plus the addition of the experienced HTG teams in the North American region, we are even better able to serve our customers and suppliers.”
Grant Kenney, President of the HTG Industrial Ingredients division, sees the Caldic - HTG combination as a perfect fit: “The HTG team has been pursuing a growth strategy focused on being a trustworthy partner to its customers by offering innovative solutions. I believe that Caldic and our company share the same customer focus and desire to bring high quality products and solutions to our customers.”
Caldic is a full-service distributor engaged in the production and distribution of solutions in Food, Industrial-, Health & Personal Care and Technical markets. With entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, its strengths lie in its global network combined with local expertise, giving the flexibility to answer local needs and build domestic partnerships. Operating with in-house warehouses, production facilities, test centers, and technical expertise, the company provides tailored solutions that contribute to customers’ business successes.
Caldic entered the North American market place in 2012 with the acquisition of Nealanders International Inc., leading food ingredient distributor in Canada with locations in Mississauga, Montreal and Vancouver, which now operates as Caldic Canada Inc., and the locations in Chicago and Los Angeles which now operate as Caldic USA Inc. In addition, Caldic acquired Mississauga-based The Ingredient Company in 2015.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources