Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0
June 16 2018, David R BrownTweet
Building on the success of last year's congress, the FECC Congress 2018 in Nice this year focused on the next phase of Chemical Distribution 4.0, where digitalisation, corporate social responsibility, the circular economy and sustainability are going to be key pillars for corporate growth and competitiveness.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
The first day of the Congress included sessions on digital trends focusing on blockchain technology and how it could be applied in the chemical distribution sector. This highlighted how the role of intermediaries will potentially change towards a more collaborative, decentralised and automated approach leading to exciting opportunities for new business models as well as an existential threat to some traditional ways of doing business.
On day two Christophe Cabarry, Founder of SpecialChem stressed there had already been a radical shift from sales & marketing instigated by suppliers, to a majority of contacts now initiated by customers through digital channels. For future success, specialty chemicals distributors need to increasingly focus on the digital user through multichannel presence, effective interaction, smart data collection and usage, and a maintained digital relationship.
There were various debates on issues raised such as trust, security and risks raised by blockchain, whether there were types of customer interactions that could never be completely replaced in B2B transactions, and concerns regarding dominant positions and the online sales of hazardous substances.
The event also examined key trends in Europe's petrochemical industry as well as sessions on the pharmaceutical supply chain where distributors face an increasingly stringent regulatory environment for supplying APIs and excipients.
All in all this was another thought provoking Congress which brought together more than 190 delegates including chemical distributors, chemical suppliers, consultancies, financial investors and the media. The next Congress will be Barecelona in June 2019 which will hopeful continue to build on this successful event. For a full round up of the congress please see the FECC Congress Report or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fecc is the voice of the Chemical Distribution Industry in Europe. With a growing membership of companies and national associations, Fecc represents around 1,600 companies of which many are small and medium sized companies (SMEs). Fecc and its members contribute to innovation and sustainability besides adding value in the supply chain, by sourcing, developing, marketing, and distributing a wide range of specialty chemicals and ingredients to over one million downstream users ranging from automotive, electronics, paint, construction to pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food and nutrition industries, each with their own specialised needs. The Chemical distribution industry in Europe employs more than 30,000 people and has an annual sales leverage of approximately EUR 28 billion.
Source(s): Chemagility Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 2 Mar 2019 - UK specialty chemical distributors Chemlink and Addi-Tec join the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Chemlink Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Further Growth sees opening of German Office for Yordas Group »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release