Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0
June 16 2018, David R BrownTweet
Building on the success of last year's congress, the FECC Congress 2018 in Nice this year focused on the next phase of Chemical Distribution 4.0, where digitalisation, corporate social responsibility, the circular economy and sustainability are going to be key pillars for corporate growth and competitiveness.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
The first day of the Congress included sessions on digital trends focusing on blockchain technology and how it could be applied in the chemical distribution sector. This highlighted how the role of intermediaries will potentially change towards a more collaborative, decentralised and automated approach leading to exciting opportunities for new business models as well as an existential threat to some traditional ways of doing business.
On day two Christophe Cabarry, Founder of SpecialChem stressed there had already been a radical shift from sales & marketing instigated by suppliers, to a majority of contacts now initiated by customers through digital channels. For future success, specialty chemicals distributors need to increasingly focus on the digital user through multichannel presence, effective interaction, smart data collection and usage, and a maintained digital relationship.
There were various debates on issues raised such as trust, security and risks raised by blockchain, whether there were types of customer interactions that could never be completely replaced in B2B transactions, and concerns regarding dominant positions and the online sales of hazardous substances.
The event also examined key trends in Europe's petrochemical industry as well as sessions on the pharmaceutical supply chain where distributors face an increasingly stringent regulatory environment for supplying APIs and excipients.
All in all this was another thought provoking Congress which brought together more than 190 delegates including chemical distributors, chemical suppliers, consultancies, financial investors and the media. The next Congress will be Barecelona in June 2019 which will hopeful continue to build on this successful event. For a full round up of the congress please see the FECC Congress Report or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fecc is the voice of the Chemical Distribution Industry in Europe. With a growing membership of companies and national associations, Fecc represents around 1,600 companies of which many are small and medium sized companies (SMEs). Fecc and its members contribute to innovation and sustainability besides adding value in the supply chain, by sourcing, developing, marketing, and distributing a wide range of specialty chemicals and ingredients to over one million downstream users ranging from automotive, electronics, paint, construction to pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food and nutrition industries, each with their own specialised needs. The Chemical distribution industry in Europe employs more than 30,000 people and has an annual sales leverage of approximately EUR 28 billion.
Source(s): Chemagility Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release