Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals
July 3 2018, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag (WKN A1DAHH), a global leader in chemical distribution, has signed an agreement with Canada Colors and Chemicals Ltd. to acquire the company's chemicals distribution business ('CCC'). Headquartered in Toronto, CCC offers a full-line portfolio with operations in the main industrial areas across all of Canada. CCC serves a highly diversified customer base in industries such as Life Sciences, Water Treatment, Coatings, Construction, Energy and Mining.
CCC's broad positioning and extensive product and service portfolio perfectly complement Brenntag's offer to our customers and suppliersSteven Holland
CEO Brenntag Group
Steven Holland, CEO Brenntag Group: “With the acquisition of CCC, Brenntag strengthens its focus and specialties capabilities in both Life Science and Material Science. CCC's broad positioning and extensive product and service portfolio perfectly complement Brenntag's offer to our customers and suppliers.”
CCC maintains well-invested, scalable and flexible facilities across Canada to store, blend and package industrial and specialty chemicals and products. Its Life Science offer includes a state-of-the-art ingredients application lab, several own formulations and a highly qualified technical staff. CCC's blending capabilities and formulation expertise in the Oil & Gas business opens interesting synergetic business opportunities with Brenntag Canada's Oil & Gas operations. In addition, the company's own truck fleet will extend Brenntag's value-added service offering.
Guy Carr-Harris, Chairman and CEO of Canada Colors and Chemicals Ltd.: “The sale of our chemicals distribution business to Brenntag is an exciting opportunity for our employees and stakeholders to join forces with one of the world's leading international chemical distribution companies. The combination of Brenntag's global reach and our technical capabilities provide a compelling platform for our customers and suppliers.”
The business generated total sales of approximately 140 million EUR in the financial year 2017. Gross profit 2017 amounted to around 25 million EUR. The business is valued at an Enterprise Value of around 86 million EUR. Closing of the transaction is expected within the course of the next weeks, subject to contractually agreed closing conditions.
Brenntag, the global market leader in chemical distribution, covers all major markets with its extensive product and service portfolio. Headquartered in Essen, Germany, the company operates a global network with more than 530 locations in 74 countries. In 2017, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 15,000 employees, generated sales of EUR 11.7 billion. (USD 13.3 billion). Brenntag connects chemical manufacturers and chemical users. The company supports its customers and suppliers with tailormade distribution solutions for industrial and specialty chemicals. With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stopshop solutions to around 185,000 customers. This includes specific application technology, an extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release