IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company
June 12 2018, David R BrownTweet
IMCD N.V., a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients, has announced that it signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the outstanding shares of E.T. Horn Company. E.T. HORN builds on IMCD's U.S. existing activities and supports the strategy of offering its suppliers and customers an organisation with national U.S. coverage and dedicated segment expertise. The deal is subject to fulfilment of transaction related conditions and customary regulatory review.
Our combined businesses are excellently positioned to achieve accelerated growth on a national U.S. basis through our specialist market focused teamsMarcus Jordan
President of IMCD Americas
E.T. HORN was established in 1961 and is a leading specialty chemicals distributor in the U.S. with a focus on coatings, construction, plastics, personal care, human food & nutrition, animal nutrition, nutraceuticals and other specialties. With a head office in La Mirada, California HORN represents leading suppliers and is primarily focused on the West and South West regions of the US. In 2017, HORN generated revenue of USD 276 million, a normalised EBITDA of USD 12 million and has approximately 200 employees.
Marcus Jordan, President of IMCD Americas, commented: “HORN is a leading specialty distributor in the US with an excellent reputation. There is a very good fit between HORN and our current US organisation and we are convinced that we can jointly offer exciting opportunities to our staff, suppliers and customers. Our combined businesses are excellently positioned to achieve accelerated growth on a national US basis through our specialist market focused teams”.
Bob Ahn and Jeff Martin, Board members of HORN: “HORN and IMCD have similar strategies and cultures and we look forward to working together to expand our business in the US further”.
The acquisition will be paid from available cash and existing facilities.
About IMCD N.V.
IMCD is a market-leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of speciality chemicals and food ingredients. Its result-driven professionals provide market-focused solutions to suppliers and customers across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Americas, offering a range of comprehensive product portfolios, including innovative formulations that embrace industry trends. Listed at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD), IMCD realised revenues of EUR 1,907 million in 2017 with more than 2,200 employees in over 45 countries on 6 continents. IMCD's dedicated team of technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions and provide value through expertise for around 37,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.
Source(s): IMCD Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 20 May 2019 - Safic-Alcan opens a new subsidiary in Greece »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease