Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil
April 16 2018, David R BrownTweet
Barentz International, a leading international ingredient distributor, has established a joint venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil, a major ingredient distributor in South America. The partnership is expected to make the most of the two companies' strengths on the important Latin American market.
This is our first real entrance into Brazil, a step which fits in perfectly with our global strategy, where Latin America is an important new marketHidde van der Wal
CEO of Barentz International
“This is our first real entrance into Brazil, a step which fits in perfectly with our global strategy, where Latin America is an important new market,” says Hidde van der Wal, CEO of Barentz International, a leading international ingredients distributor, headquartered in The Netherlands. “Brazil has recovered after some years of recession and we now see great opportunities here, both to develop the country and to grow as a company.”
Barentz entered Latin America in 2017, and recently announced a joint venture with the Deltagen Group, with offices in Curacao, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile and Peru.
Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients, headquartered in Sao Paulo, has been a major food ingredient distributor in South America since 1992. The company has 42 employees and, despite the recession in Brazil, have achieved growth in excess of 10% per annum over the last 3 years.
“After 25 successful years on the Brazilian market, where our company has grown steadily year by year, time has come to take a big leap forward together with Barentz,” says Moses Benzaquen, CEO of Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients. “Barentz, strong in both food and pharma, is the perfect partner for us, to widen and optimise our product portfolio, so that we can continue to serve our customers with an even wider range of high standard ingredients.”
Synergies are expected from bringing Barentz’ long-established global supplier network into Brazil coupled with Tovani’s long experience and reputation in the food & beverage and pharmaceutical segments in Brazil. Furthermore, Barentz will be able to offer Brazil their own produced premixes, ingredients blends and antioxidants from their newly established Vitablend facilities in the US.
About Barentz International
The Barentz group (est. 1953) is an international leader in sales, marketing and distribution of high-quality ingredients. Operating in the food & nutrition, pharmaceutical, personal care and animal nutrition through its sales divisions and specialised, dedicated companies, Barentz has over 750 employees and serves some 15,000 customers in over 60 countries worldwide. The company is still privately owned and has its head office close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands. With its heritage and focus on the European market, Barentz is also rapidly growing in the MEA, Asia Pacific and now the LATAM region.
Source(s): Barentz Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 2 Mar 2019 - UK specialty chemical distributors Chemlink and Addi-Tec join the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Chemlink Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Further Growth sees opening of German Office for Yordas Group »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release