Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil
April 16 2018, David R BrownTweet
Barentz International, a leading international ingredient distributor, has established a joint venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil, a major ingredient distributor in South America. The partnership is expected to make the most of the two companies' strengths on the important Latin American market.
This is our first real entrance into Brazil, a step which fits in perfectly with our global strategy, where Latin America is an important new marketHidde van der Wal
CEO of Barentz International
“This is our first real entrance into Brazil, a step which fits in perfectly with our global strategy, where Latin America is an important new market,” says Hidde van der Wal, CEO of Barentz International, a leading international ingredients distributor, headquartered in The Netherlands. “Brazil has recovered after some years of recession and we now see great opportunities here, both to develop the country and to grow as a company.”
Barentz entered Latin America in 2017, and recently announced a joint venture with the Deltagen Group, with offices in Curacao, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile and Peru.
Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients, headquartered in Sao Paulo, has been a major food ingredient distributor in South America since 1992. The company has 42 employees and, despite the recession in Brazil, have achieved growth in excess of 10% per annum over the last 3 years.
“After 25 successful years on the Brazilian market, where our company has grown steadily year by year, time has come to take a big leap forward together with Barentz,” says Moses Benzaquen, CEO of Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients. “Barentz, strong in both food and pharma, is the perfect partner for us, to widen and optimise our product portfolio, so that we can continue to serve our customers with an even wider range of high standard ingredients.”
Synergies are expected from bringing Barentz’ long-established global supplier network into Brazil coupled with Tovani’s long experience and reputation in the food & beverage and pharmaceutical segments in Brazil. Furthermore, Barentz will be able to offer Brazil their own produced premixes, ingredients blends and antioxidants from their newly established Vitablend facilities in the US.
About Barentz International
The Barentz group (est. 1953) is an international leader in sales, marketing and distribution of high-quality ingredients. Operating in the food & nutrition, pharmaceutical, personal care and animal nutrition through its sales divisions and specialised, dedicated companies, Barentz has over 750 employees and serves some 15,000 customers in over 60 countries worldwide. The company is still privately owned and has its head office close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands. With its heritage and focus on the European market, Barentz is also rapidly growing in the MEA, Asia Pacific and now the LATAM region.
Source(s): Barentz Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release