Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA
March 28 2018, David R BrownTweet
Plastics distributor, Bamberger Polymers has been acquired by Plastiche SA, a company controlled by the Roussis-Van Gorp family. The Roussis-Van Gorp family has controlling stakes in both Plastiche, a private investment company, and Ravago, a leader in global distribution and compounding.
Bamberger will continue to compete vigorously with those Ravago companies that are in the same market as BambergerBamberger Polymers Spokesman
Bamberger is expected to operate as an entity independent from the Ravago Group and will continue to be managed by current senior management, with a newly named board of directors. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals, and is expected to close in the first half of 2018.
A Bamberger spokesman said the firm has 39 shareholders made up of senior management and key employees. He added that the Bamberger family no longer holds an interest in the company. Steve Goldberg and Dennis Don have been co-CEOs of the firm since 2012.
“Bamberger will continue to compete vigorously with those Ravago companies that are in the same market as Bamberger,” the spokesman said.
Bamberger Polymers operates sales offices around the world, most recently opening one in Costa Rica in 2012 and has annual sales estimated at EUR 605M in 2017.
About Bamberger Polymers
The firm was founded in 1967 by Gerald Bamberger, who worked for the plastics compounding and trading business of oil and gas supplier Cities Service. Afer he retired in 1984 Bamberger Polymers became a public company from 1987 to 1993, after which it was bought out by management, including longtime executives Steven Goldberg, Dennis Don, Fred Garcia, Lawrence Ubertini. Bamberger Polymers distributes for 10 leading polymer suppliers, including Westlake Chemical, Indorama Ventures, Ineos Olefins & Polymers USA and Total Petrochemicals. It also distributes generic resin grades under its own Bapolene and Bapolan brand names.
Source(s): Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources