Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA
March 28 2018, David R BrownTweet
Plastics distributor, Bamberger Polymers has been acquired by Plastiche SA, a company controlled by the Roussis-Van Gorp family. The Roussis-Van Gorp family has controlling stakes in both Plastiche, a private investment company, and Ravago, a leader in global distribution and compounding.
Bamberger will continue to compete vigorously with those Ravago companies that are in the same market as BambergerBamberger Polymers Spokesman
Bamberger is expected to operate as an entity independent from the Ravago Group and will continue to be managed by current senior management, with a newly named board of directors. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals, and is expected to close in the first half of 2018.
A Bamberger spokesman said the firm has 39 shareholders made up of senior management and key employees. He added that the Bamberger family no longer holds an interest in the company. Steve Goldberg and Dennis Don have been co-CEOs of the firm since 2012.
“Bamberger will continue to compete vigorously with those Ravago companies that are in the same market as Bamberger,” the spokesman said.
Bamberger Polymers operates sales offices around the world, most recently opening one in Costa Rica in 2012 and has annual sales estimated at EUR 605M in 2017.
About Bamberger Polymers
The firm was founded in 1967 by Gerald Bamberger, who worked for the plastics compounding and trading business of oil and gas supplier Cities Service. Afer he retired in 1984 Bamberger Polymers became a public company from 1987 to 1993, after which it was bought out by management, including longtime executives Steven Goldberg, Dennis Don, Fred Garcia, Lawrence Ubertini. Bamberger Polymers distributes for 10 leading polymer suppliers, including Westlake Chemical, Indorama Ventures, Ineos Olefins & Polymers USA and Total Petrochemicals. It also distributes generic resin grades under its own Bapolene and Bapolan brand names.
Source(s): Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release