Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA
March 28 2018, David R BrownTweet
Plastics distributor, Bamberger Polymers has been acquired by Plastiche SA, a company controlled by the Roussis-Van Gorp family. The Roussis-Van Gorp family has controlling stakes in both Plastiche, a private investment company, and Ravago, a leader in global distribution and compounding.
Bamberger will continue to compete vigorously with those Ravago companies that are in the same market as BambergerBamberger Polymers Spokesman
Bamberger is expected to operate as an entity independent from the Ravago Group and will continue to be managed by current senior management, with a newly named board of directors. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals, and is expected to close in the first half of 2018.
A Bamberger spokesman said the firm has 39 shareholders made up of senior management and key employees. He added that the Bamberger family no longer holds an interest in the company. Steve Goldberg and Dennis Don have been co-CEOs of the firm since 2012.
“Bamberger will continue to compete vigorously with those Ravago companies that are in the same market as Bamberger,” the spokesman said.
Bamberger Polymers operates sales offices around the world, most recently opening one in Costa Rica in 2012 and has annual sales estimated at EUR 605M in 2017.
About Bamberger Polymers
The firm was founded in 1967 by Gerald Bamberger, who worked for the plastics compounding and trading business of oil and gas supplier Cities Service. Afer he retired in 1984 Bamberger Polymers became a public company from 1987 to 1993, after which it was bought out by management, including longtime executives Steven Goldberg, Dennis Don, Fred Garcia, Lawrence Ubertini. Bamberger Polymers distributes for 10 leading polymer suppliers, including Westlake Chemical, Indorama Ventures, Ineos Olefins & Polymers USA and Total Petrochemicals. It also distributes generic resin grades under its own Bapolene and Bapolan brand names.
Source(s): Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release