LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc.
January 9 2018, David R BrownTweet
LeBaronBrown Industries LLC has acquired a majority interest in American International Chemical, Inc. ('AIC'), a leading specialty chemical and ingredients distributor based in Framingham, Massachusetts. AIC's management team, led by its President and Founder Mike Schrage, will continue to manage the business. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The investment puts AIC in the best position for future growthMike Schrage
President of AIC
LeBaronBrown is a private investment firm with a multi-decade orientation and a strategy to bring capital and resources to company management teams to enable growth over the long-term. AIC joins fellow U.S chemical distributor Charkit Chemical Company LLC, acquired in June of 2017, under the same parent company.
AIC is entering its 46th year of operations and undertook this transaction to position the company for long-term, continued growth. “The investment puts AIC in the best position for future growth, building upon the success of our dedicated AIC team,” commented Mike Schrage, President of AIC. “We are excited about our future and the partnership with LeBaronBrown.”
Simon Brown and Matt LeBaron, co-founders of LeBaronBrown, stated “We are thrilled by the addition of AIC to the LeBaronBrown platform. The company's high-quality, multi-decade performance history and reputation as a premier specialty chemical and ingredients provider made it an ideal choice. We look forward to the opportunity to provide resources and support to the existing management team to fuel continued growth.”
As part of the agreement, AIC has changed its legal status from American International Chemical Corporation to American International Chemical LLC.
About American International Chemical
Founded in 1972, American International Chemical LLC is an ISO Certified specialty chemical, raw materials, and ingredient supplier servicing the food, pharmaceutical, nutrition, personal care, biotech, and industrial markets of North America. Through a team of 30 sales representatives and 19 strategically located warehouses, AIC offers a wide range of globally sourced products and ensures both quality and adherence to regulatory requirements. To meet the changing requirements of its customers, AIC also offers a range of custom manufacturing capabilities to the North American market.
Source(s): LeBaronBrown Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release