LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc.
January 9 2018, David R BrownTweet
LeBaronBrown Industries LLC has acquired a majority interest in American International Chemical, Inc. ('AIC'), a leading specialty chemical and ingredients distributor based in Framingham, Massachusetts. AIC's management team, led by its President and Founder Mike Schrage, will continue to manage the business. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The investment puts AIC in the best position for future growthMike Schrage
President of AIC
LeBaronBrown is a private investment firm with a multi-decade orientation and a strategy to bring capital and resources to company management teams to enable growth over the long-term. AIC joins fellow U.S chemical distributor Charkit Chemical Company LLC, acquired in June of 2017, under the same parent company.
AIC is entering its 46th year of operations and undertook this transaction to position the company for long-term, continued growth. “The investment puts AIC in the best position for future growth, building upon the success of our dedicated AIC team,” commented Mike Schrage, President of AIC. “We are excited about our future and the partnership with LeBaronBrown.”
Simon Brown and Matt LeBaron, co-founders of LeBaronBrown, stated “We are thrilled by the addition of AIC to the LeBaronBrown platform. The company's high-quality, multi-decade performance history and reputation as a premier specialty chemical and ingredients provider made it an ideal choice. We look forward to the opportunity to provide resources and support to the existing management team to fuel continued growth.”
As part of the agreement, AIC has changed its legal status from American International Chemical Corporation to American International Chemical LLC.
About American International Chemical
Founded in 1972, American International Chemical LLC is an ISO Certified specialty chemical, raw materials, and ingredient supplier servicing the food, pharmaceutical, nutrition, personal care, biotech, and industrial markets of North America. Through a team of 30 sales representatives and 19 strategically located warehouses, AIC offers a wide range of globally sourced products and ensures both quality and adherence to regulatory requirements. To meet the changing requirements of its customers, AIC also offers a range of custom manufacturing capabilities to the North American market.
Source(s): LeBaronBrown Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release