Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process
April 1 2018, David R BrownTweet
Global buyout firm Blackstone Private Equity is ready to test buyer interest in its Australian and New Zealand chemicals business. Ixom, which was formerly Orica's chemicals division, is expected to be worth around AUD 1.2 billion. Investment bank JP Morgan is reported to have been appointed to run a dual-track sale process for Ixom, exploring both sale and IPO options.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
Ixom reported AUD 1.2 billion revenue and AUD 288.3 million gross profit in the year to September 2017 and AUD 52.1 million net profit. The company manufactures, imports and trades chemicals for the agriculture, building and construction and oil and gas sectors, among others. Its business is predominantly in Australia and New Zealand but also has a presence in Asia, Latin America and the United States.
Blackstone bought Ixom for $750 million at the end of 2014. It is believed to be seeking more than $1 billion for the unit, based on a EBITDA of about AUD 130 million, sources said. JP Morgan advised Blackstone on the acquisition in 2014 while Citi, Goldman Sachs and Lazard ran the sale for Orica. If floated, the IPO would be one of the largest in Australia this year. Blackstone shelved plans to float the business last year at a time when private equity exits were out of favour with listed market investors.
However, Blackstone are more hopeful there will be strong private equity interest in a sale now, given the lack of AUD 1.0 billion-plus opportunities in the Australian market. It knows big global private equity firms are struggling to find targets, at a time when they they have cash to invest. Private interest is also expected from local Australian players which could include Wesfarmers, Incitec Pivot and Caltex, as well as large offshore groups such as ChemChina and maybe other multinational chemical distributors.
Ixom commenced as a standalone business on 2 March 2015, separating from Orica Australia Pty Ltd and for the year ending in September 2017 reported sales revenues of AUD 1.2 billion. With more than 1,000 employees globally, Ixom is the market leader in water treatment and chemical distribution in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in North and South America and Asia. Ixom supplies to a wide variety of industries including Agriculture, Building & Construction, Chemical Process & Synthesis, Food &Nutrition, Home Care, Mining, Oil & Gas, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Plastics, Pulp & Paper and Water Treatment.
Source(s): Chemagility Sources
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release