Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim
March 6 2018, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has signed an agreement to acquire a 100% ownership of Distralim S.A.R.L. ('Distralim'), a distributor of food ingredients in Morocco. The company is based in Casablanca and employs 21 employees, who will all be joining the Azelis team. With the addition of Distralim, Azelis becomes one of the leading food distributors in Morocco.
Morocco is an attractive country to grow our business and to further expand into the North and West African regionsBenoit Fritz
Azelis Regional Managing Director France and Africa
Benoit Fritz, Azelis Regional Managing Director France and Africa, comments on the deal: “We are enthusiastic about this acquisition and the opportunities it brings to Azelis. Morocco, with its population of approximately 35 million inhabitants and strategic location, is an attractive country to grow our business and to further expand into the North and West African regions. The mandates and product offering of Distralim are complementary to ours and enable us to create a solid platform, well equipped for further growth.”
Hassan Charrouf, owner of Distralim, adds: “We are excited to become part of Azelis, a very service oriented and established organisation. Azelis and Distralim share the same values: we are entrepreneurial, respectful and have the ambition to support and service our principals and customers with the highest quality. We are convinced this deal will create opportunities for everyone involved.”
Distralim is a well-respected player in the local market and has strong and long standing relationships with its principals and customers. The company covers the main food application markets, such as ingredients for confectionery, biscuits and ice cream as well as several non-food segments. The acquisition of Distralim also endorses the growing commitment of Azelis' major shareholders, Apax Partners, to support global growth in speciality chemicals and food ingredients.
The transaction is expected to close in the course of the next three months.
Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals and food ingredients distributor present in over 40 countries across the globe with around 1,800 employees. Dedicated teams serve customers in in a wide range of industries including Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health, Animal Nutrition, Specialty Agri/Horti, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning, CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants & elastomers), Chemicals, Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids and Rubber & Plastic Additives. Azelis offers a lateral value chain of complementary products to over 40,000 customers, creating a turnover of €1.8 billion. In the US the Group operates under a number of renowned co-brands that cater to the various markets in the region.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release