Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim
March 6 2018, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has signed an agreement to acquire a 100% ownership of Distralim S.A.R.L. ('Distralim'), a distributor of food ingredients in Morocco. The company is based in Casablanca and employs 21 employees, who will all be joining the Azelis team. With the addition of Distralim, Azelis becomes one of the leading food distributors in Morocco.
Morocco is an attractive country to grow our business and to further expand into the North and West African regionsBenoit Fritz
Azelis Regional Managing Director France and Africa
Benoit Fritz, Azelis Regional Managing Director France and Africa, comments on the deal: “We are enthusiastic about this acquisition and the opportunities it brings to Azelis. Morocco, with its population of approximately 35 million inhabitants and strategic location, is an attractive country to grow our business and to further expand into the North and West African regions. The mandates and product offering of Distralim are complementary to ours and enable us to create a solid platform, well equipped for further growth.”
Hassan Charrouf, owner of Distralim, adds: “We are excited to become part of Azelis, a very service oriented and established organisation. Azelis and Distralim share the same values: we are entrepreneurial, respectful and have the ambition to support and service our principals and customers with the highest quality. We are convinced this deal will create opportunities for everyone involved.”
Distralim is a well-respected player in the local market and has strong and long standing relationships with its principals and customers. The company covers the main food application markets, such as ingredients for confectionery, biscuits and ice cream as well as several non-food segments. The acquisition of Distralim also endorses the growing commitment of Azelis' major shareholders, Apax Partners, to support global growth in speciality chemicals and food ingredients.
The transaction is expected to close in the course of the next three months.
Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals and food ingredients distributor present in over 40 countries across the globe with around 1,800 employees. Dedicated teams serve customers in in a wide range of industries including Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health, Animal Nutrition, Specialty Agri/Horti, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning, CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants & elastomers), Chemicals, Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids and Rubber & Plastic Additives. Azelis offers a lateral value chain of complementary products to over 40,000 customers, creating a turnover of €1.8 billion. In the US the Group operates under a number of renowned co-brands that cater to the various markets in the region.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release