Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim
March 6 2018, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has signed an agreement to acquire a 100% ownership of Distralim S.A.R.L. ('Distralim'), a distributor of food ingredients in Morocco. The company is based in Casablanca and employs 21 employees, who will all be joining the Azelis team. With the addition of Distralim, Azelis becomes one of the leading food distributors in Morocco.
Morocco is an attractive country to grow our business and to further expand into the North and West African regionsBenoit Fritz
Azelis Regional Managing Director France and Africa
Benoit Fritz, Azelis Regional Managing Director France and Africa, comments on the deal: “We are enthusiastic about this acquisition and the opportunities it brings to Azelis. Morocco, with its population of approximately 35 million inhabitants and strategic location, is an attractive country to grow our business and to further expand into the North and West African regions. The mandates and product offering of Distralim are complementary to ours and enable us to create a solid platform, well equipped for further growth.”
Hassan Charrouf, owner of Distralim, adds: “We are excited to become part of Azelis, a very service oriented and established organisation. Azelis and Distralim share the same values: we are entrepreneurial, respectful and have the ambition to support and service our principals and customers with the highest quality. We are convinced this deal will create opportunities for everyone involved.”
Distralim is a well-respected player in the local market and has strong and long standing relationships with its principals and customers. The company covers the main food application markets, such as ingredients for confectionery, biscuits and ice cream as well as several non-food segments. The acquisition of Distralim also endorses the growing commitment of Azelis' major shareholders, Apax Partners, to support global growth in speciality chemicals and food ingredients.
The transaction is expected to close in the course of the next three months.
Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals and food ingredients distributor present in over 40 countries across the globe with around 1,800 employees. Dedicated teams serve customers in in a wide range of industries including Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health, Animal Nutrition, Specialty Agri/Horti, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning, CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants & elastomers), Chemicals, Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids and Rubber & Plastic Additives. Azelis offers a lateral value chain of complementary products to over 40,000 customers, creating a turnover of €1.8 billion. In the US the Group operates under a number of renowned co-brands that cater to the various markets in the region.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release