The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France
February 1 2018, David R BrownTweet
Hamburg, Germany-based Krahn Chemie has acquired Memolex SAS, a French distributor of plastic additives operating in France and Benelux. A new subsidiary has also been established, Krahn France SAS, thus formally extending the Krahn Chemie Group's European network to France. Besides Germany, the Group already has subsidiaries in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland and Romania. The new Krahn France team will be operating from the former Memolex site, which is located in Milly-la-Forêt close to Paris.
This strategically important acquisition gives us as Krahn Group now the opportunity to expand in the French marketAxel Sebbesse
Managing Director of the Krahn Chemie Group
“This strategically important acquisition gives us as Krahn Group now the opportunity to expand in the French market. Based on the successful business the Memolex team has established over the last years, we are proud of getting the chance to further developing these activities. I am very happy that we as Krahn Group can, from now on, also in the French market offer our partners the same Krahn service they already know from other countries”, says Axel Sebbesse, Managing Director of the Krahn Chemie group.
“The new affiliation with the Krahn Group provides us with a strong and solid basis for our future business development. I am delighted to be now part of a group which also strongly believes that a deep industry and market knowledge is the key to create value for both our customers and suppliers”, says Franck Louichon, who established the PVC Additives business at Memolex in 1992 and has now joined the management team of Krahn France.
Memolex, founded in 1986, focusses on the sales and distribution of plastic additives in the French market by representing renowned international suppliers. Like Krahn, Memolex pursues a strong technical sales approach and maintains close relationships to its French customers. The former Memolex team has been transferred to Krahn France so that a smooth continuation and the ongoing development of the business is ensured.
About Krahn Chemie
Krahn Chemie is a chemical distribution company with a history spanning over 100 years. Krahn's core competence is the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals. The Krahn group offers its more than 5,000 customers an extensive and high-quality product range, technical services as well as in-house laboratory support. Krahn works closely together with internationally operating chemical manufacturers. They benefit from the target-oriented and sustainable marketing of their products in Europe – based on Kah'’s deep knowledge of the local markets. Krahn supplies products to the following processing industries: paints and coatings, construction chemicals, adhesives and sealants, technical ceramics, plastics, rubber and lubricants. In 2016, the Krahn Chemie group achieved a turnover of approximately 220 million euros and currently employs a staff of 160. The company's headquarters are situated in Germany.
Source(s): Krahn Chemie Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release