Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region
December 21 2017, David R BrownTweet
Barentz, an international leader in the distribution of high-quality ingredients, has acquired Serbian functional protein supplier Soforebo-Commerce d.o.o. to expand its market share in the Balkans. The deal complements Barentz's current functional protein portfolio which includes water lentil protein (lemnaceae), pea, wheat gluten, soy, whey and caseinates, collagen, rice protein and lupin.
Soforebo's market share and products, especially their role as distributors of Essentia's animal proteins product range, bring synergy effects for Barentz business in the BalkansGeert Ingelbert
Vice President, Barentz Food & Nutrition
“Soforebo's market share and products, especially their role as distributors of Essentia's animal proteins product range, bring synergy effects for Barentz business in the Balkans”, said Geert Ingelbert, Vice President, Barentz Food & Nutrition. “We already have a long-lasting partnership with Essentia in other countries, and this merger strengthens our cooperation and makes Barentz very strong in the animal protein field.”
Tiedo de Boer, founder and former CEO of Soforebo said: “The merger with Barentz opens the opportunity to continue to expand the business that we have established over the past 24 years, and we are very pleased with this consolidation”.
No jobs are anticipated being lost as a result of the acquisition although the current shareholders of Soforebo will either retire or resign.
About Barentz International
The Barentz group (est. 1953) is an international leader in sales, marketing and distribution of high-quality ingredients. Operating in the food & nutrition, pharmaceutical, personal care and animal nutrition through its sales divisions and specialised, dedicated companies, Barentz has over 750 employees and serves some 15,000 customers in over 60 countries worldwide. The company is still privately owned and has its head office close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands. With its heritage and focus on the European market, Barentz is also rapidly growing in the MEA and Asia Pacific region.
Source(s): Barentz Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release