Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions
November 24 2017, David R BrownTweet
European chemicals distributor Overlack AG (Mönchengladbach, Germany) has announced that its changing its name to OQEMA to better reflect its ambitions for growth across Europe. The new name was chosen for its modern appeal and good memorabilty, Co-CEO Peter Overlack recently explained in an interview with CHEManager.
The newly-named OQEMA will be a very powerful force in European chemical distributionHeinrich Eickmann
co-CEO of OQEMA
The decision to rebrand was taken in order to express the Group's future vision which includes further expanding its position as one of the leading distributors for specialities, commodities and services throughout Europe, and externally presenting all Group companies in a homogenous way. Behind the vision lies a twin growth strategy: expanding via investment in acquisitions, especially in European countries where the Group is not currently active, and also organically by continuously expanding their product and service portfolio.
“We are very excited by the opportunities that lie ahead of us!” said Heinrich Eickmann, CEO of Overlack. “The newly-named OQEMA will be a very powerful force in European chemical distribution.”
The new name OQEMA was constructed using the 'O' from Overlack, in recognition of the Group's history, and 'QEM' representing chemistry, with the 'Q' being used to give personality and a sense of uniqueness.
OQEMA will remain a family-owned company and the Group's internal structures are unaffected by the change. The change of name will be formally adopted on 1st January 2018.
About Overlack AG
The group, which was originally founded in 1992, today comprises 20 companies operating in 17 countries across Europe. It has a staff of around 900 employees and an annual turnover of EUR 653 million in 2016. Although family controlled, the group went for additional growth capital from private finance provider Hannover Finanz (Hanover, Germany) in 2015, in order to finance the acquisitions of K.H. Klink Chemierohstoffe GmbH in Germany and Lansdowne Chemical plc in the UK.
Source(s): CHEManager article
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe