US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya
December 21 2017, David R BrownTweet
Vinmar, the Houston-based global chemical and plastics marketing and distribution company, has announced that it has acquired a controlling interest (90%) in Veser Kimyevi Maddeler, a specialty chemicals distributor in Turkey.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
Veser Kimya was founded in 1988 and is a leading Turkish distributor to global chemical suppliers including BASF, Huntsman, Kolb, Clariant, Givaudan and others. The company operates four warehouses in Istanbul, Izmir and Adana and its 2017 revenues are expected to exceed 200 million Turkish Lira (USD 50 million) in 2017. The company's sale was prompted by the death of the company's founder Ali Kırca earlier in the year.
For Vinmar, which has been in the Turkish market for more than 25 years, the acquisition marks its entry into specialty chemicals distribution, “an important step in expanding the company’s product and market segment diversification”, it said. In the US and Europe, Vinmar has built a strong distribution presence in polymers and is looking to build its capacity in the chemicals business.
About Vinmar International
Houston headquartered, Vinmar International is a global marketing and distribution company focused on feedstocks, plastics and chemicals that brings value to the world's leading producers and users of petrochemical products through tailored business solutions. Vinmar was founded in 1978 and achieved over $5 billion in annual revenues in 2016 through its network of 35 offices servicing more than 100 countries worldwide. Its product portfolio alcohols, aromatics, fibre intermediates, chlor-alkali, basic petrochemicals, solvents, plasticizers, oxo-alcohols and other intermediates. although its key strength is in ethylene and propylene derivatives.
Source(s): Vinmar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release