US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya
December 21 2017, David R BrownTweet
Vinmar, the Houston-based global chemical and plastics marketing and distribution company, has announced that it has acquired a controlling interest (90%) in Veser Kimyevi Maddeler, a specialty chemicals distributor in Turkey.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
Veser Kimya was founded in 1988 and is a leading Turkish distributor to global chemical suppliers including BASF, Huntsman, Kolb, Clariant, Givaudan and others. The company operates four warehouses in Istanbul, Izmir and Adana and its 2017 revenues are expected to exceed 200 million Turkish Lira (USD 50 million) in 2017. The company's sale was prompted by the death of the company's founder Ali Kırca earlier in the year.
For Vinmar, which has been in the Turkish market for more than 25 years, the acquisition marks its entry into specialty chemicals distribution, “an important step in expanding the company’s product and market segment diversification”, it said. In the US and Europe, Vinmar has built a strong distribution presence in polymers and is looking to build its capacity in the chemicals business.
About Vinmar International
Houston headquartered, Vinmar International is a global marketing and distribution company focused on feedstocks, plastics and chemicals that brings value to the world's leading producers and users of petrochemical products through tailored business solutions. Vinmar was founded in 1978 and achieved over $5 billion in annual revenues in 2016 through its network of 35 offices servicing more than 100 countries worldwide. Its product portfolio alcohols, aromatics, fibre intermediates, chlor-alkali, basic petrochemicals, solvents, plasticizers, oxo-alcohols and other intermediates. although its key strength is in ethylene and propylene derivatives.
Source(s): Vinmar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release