Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex
December 21 2017, David R BrownTweet
Safic-Alcan has announced the acquisition of the French pharmaceutical active ingredients distributor, Biochimex. Biochimex distributes APIs and excipients to the pharmaceutical industry mainly in Europe and the Maghreb. The Company is above all a supplier of sterile active ingredients, a technically superior category of ingredients complementary to the Safic-Alcan portfolio and from important synergies are expected.
This acquisition will enable us to accelerate our international development, particularly in the MaghrebPhilippe Combette
CEO of Safic-Alcan
Located in Compiègne (France), Biochimex was founded in 1981. It employs 10 people and anticipates a turnover of around EUR 10 million in 2017 of which 80% is accounted by export sales. After its acquisition, Biochimex is to remain independent and will retain all its current employees. Its CEO, Bernard Goldenberg, and its General Manager, Agnés Goldenberg, will step down from their positions and will be replaced by Philippe Combette, CEO of Safic-Alcan, and Jose Lora, Development Director of Safic-Alcan's Life Sciences Division.
“I am particularly enthusiastic about this agreement. It should allow Biochimex to accelerate its development thanks to the international market knowledge of Safic-Alcan, its important international purchasing structure, its know-how, its strong responsiveness to the emerging needs of its customers, and the expertise of its sales engineers,” said Bernard Goldenberg.
“The acquisition of Biochimex is in line with Safic-Alcan's growth strategy. This acquisition will enable us to accelerate our international development, particularly in the Maghreb, to expand our product portfolio and to consolidate our relationships with our suppliers,” concluded Philippe Combette.
The deal follows Safic's recent announcement of the establishment of a strategic alliance with Marmara Ecza, a leading Turkish distributor specialised in the pharmaceutical sector.
Safic-Alcan is a leading, independent distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense, France. The company supplies a wide range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the USA. In 2016, Safic-Alcan reported reveunes of EUR 508 million.
Source(s): Safic-Alcan Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release