Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica
December 21 2017, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag has signed an agreement to acquire Portuguese headquartered, Quimitécnica.com - Comércio e Indústria Química S.A. As a service provider, Quimitécnica has a strong focus on offering a wide range of chemical products, blends, logistics and storage services to various industrial business segments in Portugal, the North of Spain and several African countries.
Quimitéécnica serves as an excellent platform to expand and diversify our distribution activities in Portugal and SpainAnthony Gerace
Brenntag Group's Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions
Karsten Beckmann, Member of the Board of Management of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA): “The acquisition of Quimitécnica is an excellent strategic fit to Brenntag's existing distribution activities in Iberia as we gain access to key customer industries in Portugal and in the area of North of Spain. We thus expand our value-added service offerings to our regional customers and suppliers.”
Quimitécnica has a strong position in the markets for industrial chemicals, water treatment, pulp and paper and specialty chemicals.
Anthony Gerace, Brenntag Group's Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions: “With a wide product range targeting various industry segments and six strategically located sites offering customized logistics services and inventory management, Quimitéécnica serves as an excellent platform to expand and diversify our distribution activities in Portugal and Spain.”
The acquired business generated sales of 37.0 million EUR in the financial year 2016. Closing of the transaction is subject to certain contractual closing conditions and regulatory approvals and is expected to occur in the course of the next weeks.
Brenntag, the global market leader in chemical distribution, covers all major markets with its extensive product and service portfolio. Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, the company operates a global network with more than 550 locations in 74 countries. In 2016, the company, which has a global workforce of around 15,000 employees, generated sales of EUR 10.5 billion (USD 11.6 billion). Brenntag connects chemical manufacturers and chemical users. The company supports its customers and suppliers with tailormade distribution solutions for industrial and specialty chemicals. With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stopshop solutions to around 185,000 customers. This includes specific application technology, an extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release