Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region
December 8 2017, David R BrownTweet
Univar Inc. has announced it is to acquire Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals, a division of the Kemetyl Group, through its wholly owned subsidiaries in Sweden (Univar AB) and Norway (Univar AS). Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals generates annual revenues of approximately USD 30 million and is one of the largest suppliers of industrial grade alcohols in the Nordic region as well as providing bulk and specialty chemicals, such as isopropanol, glycols, metal salts, minerals and polyacrylamides. The acquisition is expected to close in early 2018.
The demand for sustainable development in the chemical industry is greater than ever and a true circular responsibility is the future of chemical and ingredient distributionSteve Newlin
Chairman and CEO of Univar
“The Nordic region is at the forefront of global R&D when it comes to life sciences, which makes this agreement a smart and strategic move to build our customer base and enhance our market expertise. This acquisition will allow Univar to expand its leading position in pharma and strengthen its expertise in water treatment,” said Steve Newlin, Univar's chairman and chief executive officer. “The demand for sustainable development in the chemical industry is greater than ever and a true circular responsibility is the future of chemical and ingredient distribution. Kemetyl's commitment to offering recycled products and reducing greenhouse gas emissions is in-step with Univar's global commit”
“We are very satisfied with the development of Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals over the past several years. In our ambition to further focus our business around consumer chemicals, this divestiture is a logical step to ensure that our industrial customers continue to get the level of service and expertise they deserve,”" says Ketil Stave, Kemetyl Group's chairman of the board.
In recent years Kemetyl has shifted its focus away from being a distributor that delivered mainly commodities from point to point. The Company's model now includes a more diversified portfolio of sustainable products with 4 own production sites and several contractor sites. Kemetyl targets segments where technical sales, industry expertise and value-added services are highly regarded and often requested by customers.
Founded in 1924, Univar (NYSE: UNVR) is a global chemical and ingredients distributor and provider of value-added services, working with leading suppliers worldwide. Supported by a comprehensive team of sales and technical professionals with deep specialty and market expertise, Univar operates hundreds of distribution facilities throughout North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. In 2016, Univar reported reveues of $8.1 billion.
About Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals
Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals is among the leading distributors of chemical products in the Nordic region and one of the largest suppliers of industrial grade alcohols in the region, including Sekundol, the division's own brand. Sekundol is a competitive, sustainable and innovative product that is used as a carbon source in the wastewater treatment process and is derived from recycled ethanol from the pharmaceutical industry.
Source(s): Univar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 2 Mar 2019 - UK specialty chemical distributors Chemlink and Addi-Tec join the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Chemlink Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Further Growth sees opening of German Office for Yordas Group »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release