Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey
November 1 2017, David R BrownTweet
Safic-Alcan has announced the establishment of a strategic alliance with Marmara Ecza, a leading Turkish distributor specialised in the pharmaceutical sector. The company, which was founded in 1957, distributes excipients, APIs and specialty chemicals on behalf of a number of world leading producers including Evonik, Meggle and Blanver.
This partnership with Marmara will enable us to expand into the pharmaceutical sector in Turkey and to complement our fast growth in the regionYann Lissillour
Director of Mergers and Acquisitions for the Safic-Alcan Group
“This partnership with Marmara will enable us to expand into the pharmaceutical sector in Turkey and to complement our fast growth in the region”, stated Yann Lissillour, Director of Mergers and Acquisitions for the Safic-Alcan Group.
Marmara distributes a wide range of ingredients used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, OTC and veterinary medicinal industries from their own GDP certified warehouse located in Istanbul. The company will continue to be managed by Mr Okan Gozacan and Ms Tugce Gozacan. “Joining our forces will allow to strengthen our position on excipients and to access Safic-Alcan's expertise on active ingredients”, added Mr and Ms Gozacan.
“This joint venture is in line with our strategy of global sector diversification and is a further step in bolstering our presence in Turkey, following the completion of the acquisition of Interplast in 2011”, said Philippe Combette, CEO of the Safic-Alcan Group.
Safic-Alcan is a leading, independent distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense, France. The company supplies a wide range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the USA. In 2016, Safic-Alcan reported reveunes of EUR 508 million.
Source(s): Safic-Alcan Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release