Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited
October 30 2017, David R BrownTweet
Global chemical distributor Caldic B.V. has announced it is to acquire Elastomerics Limited, a specialty chemicals distributor based in Macclesfield, UK, through its subsidiary, Caldic UK Ltd. Elastomerics specialises in the distribution of polymers and additives to the Coatings, Plastics & Rubber, and Adhesives & Sealants industries and the acquisition will strengthen Caldic's product portfolio and service capabilities in the UK.
The Elastomerics product portfolio perfectly complements our existing business by expanding our speciality product offering and gives us a much stronger presence in our focus marketsPhilip Robinson
Managing Director of Caldic UK Limited
“The Elastomerics product portfolio perfectly complements our existing business by expanding our speciality product offering and gives us a much stronger presence in our focus markets”, says Philip Robinson, Managing Director of Caldic UK Limited. “Whilst we already have business in these markets, this acquisition enables us to offer a comprehensive portfolio to our customers, backed up by the excellent service and technical expertise of the Elastomerics team”.
Gordon Cook, former owner and Managing Director of Elastomerics Limited, adds: “I am delighted to have reached this agreement with Caldic. The customer focus and service orientation of both companies make it a perfect fit, and I am confident that the business will continue to go from strength to strength under Caldic's leadership”.
In the UK, Caldic has a strong presence in base chemicals, which are being supplied from its distribution centres in Chesterfield (Derbyshire) and Melton Mowbray (Leicestershire). Caldic UK also has established Speciality Chemicals and Food Ingredients Divisions and also offers solutions in Health and Personal Care, Refinery Chemicals, and other Industrial markets.
About Caldic UK Ltd
Caldic UK Limited, which has its Head Office in Chesterfield (Derbyshire, Great Britain), is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caldic B.V., a specialty chemicals distributor headquartered in Rotterdam. The Caldic group, which was established in 1970, has sales revenue in excess of €800 million, operates 42 sites in 17 different countries spread across Europe, Asia and North America and counts approximately 1100 employees. The group has a strong presence in Food Ingredients and Speciality chemicals, as well as Industrial chemicals.
About Elastomerics Ltd
Founded in 1981 by Gordon Cook, Elastomerics specialises in the distribution of polymers and additives to the rubber, plastics, coatings and adhesives & sealants industries. The company had revenues of over EUR 25 million in 2016 and 11 employees.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release