Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical
September 20 2017, David R BrownTweet
Maroon Group LLC has acquired Seidler Chemical, a specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor based in Newark, New Jersey. Seidler's management team, led by Richard and Martha Seidler, will remain in place and continue to actively manage the business. Maroon Group is owned by CI Capital Partners and Maroon Group's management. This is Maroon Group's seventh add-on acquisition under CI Capital's ownership. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
This acquisition allows us to expand our value-add service offering and build additional scale in attractive end marketsMark E. Reichard
President & CEO of Maroon Group
Established in 1896, Seidler Chemical supplies specialty chemicals and ingredients and value-add services to the pharmaceutical, high-purity electronic, industrial, and food and beverage industries.
“We are thrilled about the opportunity to work with Rich, Martha, and their team and welcome a company with a 120-year history to Maroon Group,” said Mark E. Reichard, President & CEO of Maroon Group. “This acquisition allows us to expand our value-add service offering and build additional scale in attractive end markets,” Reichard added.
“We're excited to be part of an organization like Maroon Group that shares our focus on customer success,” commented Rich Seidler, President of Seidler Chemical. “Providing stability for our employees, customers, and suppliers was a priority when Martha and I set out on this course. Maroon has a proven track record of success as it relates to acquiring businesses like Seidler. They understand the importance of servicing the customer, continue to invest in acquired companies, and have a thoughtful approach to integration. Maroon Group was the right partner to continue the legacy of our family's company.”
About Maroon Group LLC
Founded in 1977, Maroon Group LLC is one of the fastest growing specialty chemical distributors in North America with revenues of USD 235 million in 2016. Based in Avon, Ohio, Maroon supplies specialty additives, ingredients, resins and pigments to manufacturers focused on plastics, rubber, CASE, composites and now life science markets. Maroon Group's portfolio of companies includes Maroon, Lincoln Fine Ingredients, Cadence Chemical, U.S. Chemicals, CNX Distribution, D.B. Becker, Addipel, and Polyram US.The company continues to aggressively explore opportunities to form partnerships with proven entrepreneurs that have built sustainable, successful companies.
Source(s): Maroon Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release