Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation
August 23 2017, David R BrownTweet
Nagase America, a member of the Tokyo listed Nagase Group, has acquired U.S. Midwest chemicals distributor Fitz Chem. With revenues of over $60 million, Fitz Chem Corporation is a successful specialty chemical distributor focused on the coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomer (CASE) markets, as well as the plastics and personal care markets. Fitz Chem, as a wholly owned subsidiary of Nagase America, will continue to conduct business under the 'Fitz Chem' name as Fitz Chem LLC.
It truly is incredibly thrilling to join forces with a company like NagaseRobert Becker
chairman of Fitz Chem
“This acquisition allows Nagase to combine its technical expertise and existing supplier and customer relationships with those of Fitz Chem, creating opportunities for sustained growth in the US market,” says Nagase America's director of sales and marketing Bradley Hilborn.
The acquisition is expected to bring opportunities for suppliers from both companies to benefit from their combined network. This will build on Nagase's presence in 22 countries with Fitz Chem's strong reach in the Midwest region of United States covering 21 states and over 1,400 customers. Nagase also offers a variety of value-added services, such as a coatings and plastics application labortories. This facility can be utilized by Fitz Chem's suppliers and customers for raw material analysis as well as application and formulation development.
Nagase America is to continue exploring opportunities for growth in the U.S. market, both organic and through acquisitions, to strengthen its position as a national specialty chemical distributor.
About Nagase America
Nagase America is a member of the NAGASE Group (NAGASE), a leader in innovative solutions for the chemicals, plastics, electronics, life sciences and automotive markets. Founded in 1832, NAGASE has over $6.4 billion in annual revenue and over 6,000 employees globally. NAGASE is the leading supplier to these markets in Japan with a broad portfolio of both distributed products and proprietary products manufactured by NAGASE. NAGASE also has a growing presence in China, Southeast Asia, India, the Middle East, and other areas.
Source(s): Fitz Chem Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release