Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation
August 23 2017, David R BrownTweet
Nagase America, a member of the Tokyo listed Nagase Group, has acquired U.S. Midwest chemicals distributor Fitz Chem. With revenues of over $60 million, Fitz Chem Corporation is a successful specialty chemical distributor focused on the coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomer (CASE) markets, as well as the plastics and personal care markets. Fitz Chem, as a wholly owned subsidiary of Nagase America, will continue to conduct business under the 'Fitz Chem' name as Fitz Chem LLC.
It truly is incredibly thrilling to join forces with a company like NagaseRobert Becker
chairman of Fitz Chem
“This acquisition allows Nagase to combine its technical expertise and existing supplier and customer relationships with those of Fitz Chem, creating opportunities for sustained growth in the US market,” says Nagase America's director of sales and marketing Bradley Hilborn.
The acquisition is expected to bring opportunities for suppliers from both companies to benefit from their combined network. This will build on Nagase's presence in 22 countries with Fitz Chem's strong reach in the Midwest region of United States covering 21 states and over 1,400 customers. Nagase also offers a variety of value-added services, such as a coatings and plastics application labortories. This facility can be utilized by Fitz Chem's suppliers and customers for raw material analysis as well as application and formulation development.
Nagase America is to continue exploring opportunities for growth in the U.S. market, both organic and through acquisitions, to strengthen its position as a national specialty chemical distributor.
About Nagase America
Nagase America is a member of the NAGASE Group (NAGASE), a leader in innovative solutions for the chemicals, plastics, electronics, life sciences and automotive markets. Founded in 1832, NAGASE has over $6.4 billion in annual revenue and over 6,000 employees globally. NAGASE is the leading supplier to these markets in Japan with a broad portfolio of both distributed products and proprietary products manufactured by NAGASE. NAGASE also has a growing presence in China, Southeast Asia, India, the Middle East, and other areas.
Source(s): Fitz Chem Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release