Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation
August 23 2017, David R BrownTweet
Nagase America, a member of the Tokyo listed Nagase Group, has acquired U.S. Midwest chemicals distributor Fitz Chem. With revenues of over $60 million, Fitz Chem Corporation is a successful specialty chemical distributor focused on the coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomer (CASE) markets, as well as the plastics and personal care markets. Fitz Chem, as a wholly owned subsidiary of Nagase America, will continue to conduct business under the 'Fitz Chem' name as Fitz Chem LLC.
It truly is incredibly thrilling to join forces with a company like NagaseRobert Becker
chairman of Fitz Chem
“This acquisition allows Nagase to combine its technical expertise and existing supplier and customer relationships with those of Fitz Chem, creating opportunities for sustained growth in the US market,” says Nagase America's director of sales and marketing Bradley Hilborn.
The acquisition is expected to bring opportunities for suppliers from both companies to benefit from their combined network. This will build on Nagase's presence in 22 countries with Fitz Chem's strong reach in the Midwest region of United States covering 21 states and over 1,400 customers. Nagase also offers a variety of value-added services, such as a coatings and plastics application labortories. This facility can be utilized by Fitz Chem's suppliers and customers for raw material analysis as well as application and formulation development.
Nagase America is to continue exploring opportunities for growth in the U.S. market, both organic and through acquisitions, to strengthen its position as a national specialty chemical distributor.
About Nagase America
Nagase America is a member of the NAGASE Group (NAGASE), a leader in innovative solutions for the chemicals, plastics, electronics, life sciences and automotive markets. Founded in 1832, NAGASE has over $6.4 billion in annual revenue and over 6,000 employees globally. NAGASE is the leading supplier to these markets in Japan with a broad portfolio of both distributed products and proprietary products manufactured by NAGASE. NAGASE also has a growing presence in China, Southeast Asia, India, the Middle East, and other areas.
Source(s): Fitz Chem Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release