U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco
August 11 2017, David R BrownTweet
The Plaza Group, a leading international petrochemical marketing company based in Houston, Texas has acquired Conchemco, a fellow Texas-based marketer and distributor of chemicals and solvents for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition of Conchemco is a great opportunity to expand our expertise in chemical distribution and marketingRandy Velarde
President and CEO of The Plaza Group
Founded in 1990, Conchemco began as an independent company based on in-home services of buying, selling and brokering chemicals, ultimately growing to become a multi-million-dollar company with national distribution. The company's core products are acetone, toluene, xylene as well as other major aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Conchemco owner and CEO Tommy Mrazek commented, “We are excited to be part of a company that shares the common business principles of integrity, quality and a positive outlook on the future of our business.”
Randy Velarde, President and CEO of The Plaza Group, emphasized the tremendous strategic value of adding the Conchemco brand to The Plaza Group, and retaining the management team of Tommy Mrazek, Rich Olson and Steve Martin.
“The acquisition of Conchemco is a great opportunity to expand our expertise in chemical distribution and marketing, as well as grow our client base,” said Velarde. “The addition of these key players enhances the value of the acquisition and fortifies future growth plans for The Plaza Group.”
About The Plaza Group
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Houston, The Plaza Group is an international marketing company of refinery and petrochemical products with annual revenues in excess of USD 100 million. The company markets and distributes certain refining and chemical products for Husky Oil, CEPSA, Mitsui, Olin, Versalis, Shell, Valero, Alon, Southern and Total Petrochemicals.
Source(s): The Plaza Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release