U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco
August 11 2017, David R BrownTweet
The Plaza Group, a leading international petrochemical marketing company based in Houston, Texas has acquired Conchemco, a fellow Texas-based marketer and distributor of chemicals and solvents for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition of Conchemco is a great opportunity to expand our expertise in chemical distribution and marketingRandy Velarde
President and CEO of The Plaza Group
Founded in 1990, Conchemco began as an independent company based on in-home services of buying, selling and brokering chemicals, ultimately growing to become a multi-million-dollar company with national distribution. The company's core products are acetone, toluene, xylene as well as other major aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Conchemco owner and CEO Tommy Mrazek commented, “We are excited to be part of a company that shares the common business principles of integrity, quality and a positive outlook on the future of our business.”
Randy Velarde, President and CEO of The Plaza Group, emphasized the tremendous strategic value of adding the Conchemco brand to The Plaza Group, and retaining the management team of Tommy Mrazek, Rich Olson and Steve Martin.
“The acquisition of Conchemco is a great opportunity to expand our expertise in chemical distribution and marketing, as well as grow our client base,” said Velarde. “The addition of these key players enhances the value of the acquisition and fortifies future growth plans for The Plaza Group.”
About The Plaza Group
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Houston, The Plaza Group is an international marketing company of refinery and petrochemical products with annual revenues in excess of USD 100 million. The company markets and distributes certain refining and chemical products for Husky Oil, CEPSA, Mitsui, Olin, Versalis, Shell, Valero, Alon, Southern and Total Petrochemicals.
Source(s): The Plaza Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release