U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco
August 11 2017, David R BrownTweet
The Plaza Group, a leading international petrochemical marketing company based in Houston, Texas has acquired Conchemco, a fellow Texas-based marketer and distributor of chemicals and solvents for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition of Conchemco is a great opportunity to expand our expertise in chemical distribution and marketingRandy Velarde
President and CEO of The Plaza Group
Founded in 1990, Conchemco began as an independent company based on in-home services of buying, selling and brokering chemicals, ultimately growing to become a multi-million-dollar company with national distribution. The company's core products are acetone, toluene, xylene as well as other major aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Conchemco owner and CEO Tommy Mrazek commented, “We are excited to be part of a company that shares the common business principles of integrity, quality and a positive outlook on the future of our business.”
Randy Velarde, President and CEO of The Plaza Group, emphasized the tremendous strategic value of adding the Conchemco brand to The Plaza Group, and retaining the management team of Tommy Mrazek, Rich Olson and Steve Martin.
“The acquisition of Conchemco is a great opportunity to expand our expertise in chemical distribution and marketing, as well as grow our client base,” said Velarde. “The addition of these key players enhances the value of the acquisition and fortifies future growth plans for The Plaza Group.”
About The Plaza Group
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Houston, The Plaza Group is an international marketing company of refinery and petrochemical products with annual revenues in excess of USD 100 million. The company markets and distributes certain refining and chemical products for Husky Oil, CEPSA, Mitsui, Olin, Versalis, Shell, Valero, Alon, Southern and Total Petrochemicals.
Source(s): The Plaza Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release