U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc.
July 28 2017, David R BrownTweet
Dunleary Inc., a regional U.S. specialty chemical distribution company, has announced that is has acquired D. N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. with a closing date set for the end of August, subject to customary due diligence.
This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partnersDavid Behan
CEO of Dunleary Inc.
The additions will make Dunleary one of the 10 largest specialty chemicals distributors in the United States with annual sales of around USD 70 million. Collectively, the three companies cover coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, plastics, construction, food, personal care, cosmetics, graphic arts, oil and gas, rubber and textiles. The companies will merge into one entity and establish a new brand identity by late 2017.
“This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partners with even greater innovation, imagination and expertise,” according to CEO David Behan.
Dunleary, founded in 1949, has 15 suppliers including Arkema and Trinseo. Its distribution products include epoxies, nylon powders, polyurethane disperisons and pigments. Massachusetts-based D.N. Lukens was founded by its namesake in 1943. Its distribution products include epoxies, copolyesters and modifiers. The firm's signature product is its patented Atomite-brand ultra-pure white pigment. Dallas-based D&F was founded in 1975. Its distribution products include epoxies, phenolics, styrenics block copolymers, colorants and pigments from such suppliers as Hexion Inc. and Ferro Corp.
The company's new geographic footprint covers 28 states and brings together 29 technically focused employees with direct field sales responsibilities. In total the new company will have almost 60 employees. The firm has also hired Dirk Plas to serve as principal relationships and development vice president. Plas was formerly president and CEO of BYK USA Inc.
About Dunleary Inc.
Founded in 1949, Dunleary is one of the USA's oldest and largest specialty chemical distributors and manufacturer's representatives. The company is a 'super regional' distribution company operating in 10 mid-Atlantic and Southeastern U.S. states. Dunleary is also a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD).
Source(s): Dunleary Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release