U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc.
July 28 2017, David R BrownTweet
Dunleary Inc., a regional U.S. specialty chemical distribution company, has announced that is has acquired D. N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. with a closing date set for the end of August, subject to customary due diligence.
This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partnersDavid Behan
CEO of Dunleary Inc.
The additions will make Dunleary one of the 10 largest specialty chemicals distributors in the United States with annual sales of around USD 70 million. Collectively, the three companies cover coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, plastics, construction, food, personal care, cosmetics, graphic arts, oil and gas, rubber and textiles. The companies will merge into one entity and establish a new brand identity by late 2017.
“This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partners with even greater innovation, imagination and expertise,” according to CEO David Behan.
Dunleary, founded in 1949, has 15 suppliers including Arkema and Trinseo. Its distribution products include epoxies, nylon powders, polyurethane disperisons and pigments. Massachusetts-based D.N. Lukens was founded by its namesake in 1943. Its distribution products include epoxies, copolyesters and modifiers. The firm's signature product is its patented Atomite-brand ultra-pure white pigment. Dallas-based D&F was founded in 1975. Its distribution products include epoxies, phenolics, styrenics block copolymers, colorants and pigments from such suppliers as Hexion Inc. and Ferro Corp.
The company's new geographic footprint covers 28 states and brings together 29 technically focused employees with direct field sales responsibilities. In total the new company will have almost 60 employees. The firm has also hired Dirk Plas to serve as principal relationships and development vice president. Plas was formerly president and CEO of BYK USA Inc.
About Dunleary Inc.
Founded in 1949, Dunleary is one of the USA's oldest and largest specialty chemical distributors and manufacturer's representatives. The company is a 'super regional' distribution company operating in 10 mid-Atlantic and Southeastern U.S. states. Dunleary is also a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD).
Source(s): Dunleary Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release