U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc.
July 28 2017, David R BrownTweet
Dunleary Inc., a regional U.S. specialty chemical distribution company, has announced that is has acquired D. N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. with a closing date set for the end of August, subject to customary due diligence.
This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partnersDavid Behan
CEO of Dunleary Inc.
The additions will make Dunleary one of the 10 largest specialty chemicals distributors in the United States with annual sales of around USD 70 million. Collectively, the three companies cover coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, plastics, construction, food, personal care, cosmetics, graphic arts, oil and gas, rubber and textiles. The companies will merge into one entity and establish a new brand identity by late 2017.
“This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partners with even greater innovation, imagination and expertise,” according to CEO David Behan.
Dunleary, founded in 1949, has 15 suppliers including Arkema and Trinseo. Its distribution products include epoxies, nylon powders, polyurethane disperisons and pigments. Massachusetts-based D.N. Lukens was founded by its namesake in 1943. Its distribution products include epoxies, copolyesters and modifiers. The firm's signature product is its patented Atomite-brand ultra-pure white pigment. Dallas-based D&F was founded in 1975. Its distribution products include epoxies, phenolics, styrenics block copolymers, colorants and pigments from such suppliers as Hexion Inc. and Ferro Corp.
The company's new geographic footprint covers 28 states and brings together 29 technically focused employees with direct field sales responsibilities. In total the new company will have almost 60 employees. The firm has also hired Dirk Plas to serve as principal relationships and development vice president. Plas was formerly president and CEO of BYK USA Inc.
About Dunleary Inc.
Founded in 1949, Dunleary is one of the USA's oldest and largest specialty chemical distributors and manufacturer's representatives. The company is a 'super regional' distribution company operating in 10 mid-Atlantic and Southeastern U.S. states. Dunleary is also a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD).
Source(s): Dunleary Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release