U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc.
July 28 2017, David R BrownTweet
Dunleary Inc., a regional U.S. specialty chemical distribution company, has announced that is has acquired D. N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. with a closing date set for the end of August, subject to customary due diligence.
This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partnersDavid Behan
CEO of Dunleary Inc.
The additions will make Dunleary one of the 10 largest specialty chemicals distributors in the United States with annual sales of around USD 70 million. Collectively, the three companies cover coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, plastics, construction, food, personal care, cosmetics, graphic arts, oil and gas, rubber and textiles. The companies will merge into one entity and establish a new brand identity by late 2017.
“This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partners with even greater innovation, imagination and expertise,” according to CEO David Behan.
Dunleary, founded in 1949, has 15 suppliers including Arkema and Trinseo. Its distribution products include epoxies, nylon powders, polyurethane disperisons and pigments. Massachusetts-based D.N. Lukens was founded by its namesake in 1943. Its distribution products include epoxies, copolyesters and modifiers. The firm's signature product is its patented Atomite-brand ultra-pure white pigment. Dallas-based D&F was founded in 1975. Its distribution products include epoxies, phenolics, styrenics block copolymers, colorants and pigments from such suppliers as Hexion Inc. and Ferro Corp.
The company's new geographic footprint covers 28 states and brings together 29 technically focused employees with direct field sales responsibilities. In total the new company will have almost 60 employees. The firm has also hired Dirk Plas to serve as principal relationships and development vice president. Plas was formerly president and CEO of BYK USA Inc.
About Dunleary Inc.
Founded in 1949, Dunleary is one of the USA's oldest and largest specialty chemical distributors and manufacturer's representatives. The company is a 'super regional' distribution company operating in 10 mid-Atlantic and Southeastern U.S. states. Dunleary is also a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD).
Source(s): Dunleary Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources