U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc.
July 28 2017, David R BrownTweet
Dunleary Inc., a regional U.S. specialty chemical distribution company, has announced that is has acquired D. N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. with a closing date set for the end of August, subject to customary due diligence.
This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partnersDavid Behan
CEO of Dunleary Inc.
The additions will make Dunleary one of the 10 largest specialty chemicals distributors in the United States with annual sales of around USD 70 million. Collectively, the three companies cover coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, plastics, construction, food, personal care, cosmetics, graphic arts, oil and gas, rubber and textiles. The companies will merge into one entity and establish a new brand identity by late 2017.
“This move enables us to collectively meet and exceed the demands of our key business partners with even greater innovation, imagination and expertise,” according to CEO David Behan.
Dunleary, founded in 1949, has 15 suppliers including Arkema and Trinseo. Its distribution products include epoxies, nylon powders, polyurethane disperisons and pigments. Massachusetts-based D.N. Lukens was founded by its namesake in 1943. Its distribution products include epoxies, copolyesters and modifiers. The firm's signature product is its patented Atomite-brand ultra-pure white pigment. Dallas-based D&F was founded in 1975. Its distribution products include epoxies, phenolics, styrenics block copolymers, colorants and pigments from such suppliers as Hexion Inc. and Ferro Corp.
The company's new geographic footprint covers 28 states and brings together 29 technically focused employees with direct field sales responsibilities. In total the new company will have almost 60 employees. The firm has also hired Dirk Plas to serve as principal relationships and development vice president. Plas was formerly president and CEO of BYK USA Inc.
About Dunleary Inc.
Founded in 1949, Dunleary is one of the USA's oldest and largest specialty chemical distributors and manufacturer's representatives. The company is a 'super regional' distribution company operating in 10 mid-Atlantic and Southeastern U.S. states. Dunleary is also a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD).
Source(s): Dunleary Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release