IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas
August 4 2017, David R BrownTweet
IMCD N.V., a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients, has announced that it is to acquire 100% of the Canadian and US specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas. The acquisition of L.V. Lomas immediately makes IMCD one of the leading distributors in Canada as well as further enhancing their position in the US.
This is an important step in the further development of IMCD's North America regionPiet van der Slikke
CEO of IMCD
Established in 1960 and with activities at six locations in Canada and the US, including offices in Toronto (Head Office), Montreal and Vancouver, L.V. Lomas is one of North Americas leading distributors of specialty chemicals, ingredients and raw materials and is distinguished by its experienced and qualified professionals that provide its customers with advanced technical support and market intelligence. In 2016, L.V. Lomas generated revenues of C$383 million and realised a normalised EBITDA of C$18 million with approximately 280 employees.
With its asset light business model and long term relationships with leading global chemical and ingredient suppliers L.V. Lomas has an excellent fit with IMCD's business model and strategy and significantly strengthens IMCD's position in North America.
Piet van der Slikke, CEO of IMCD, commented: “This is an important step in the further development of IMCD's North America region as it not only expands our geographical presence into Canada in all core markets but also further strengthens our US organisation and coverage.”
Rand A. Lomas, Chairman of L.V. Lomas added “IMCD will enhance our ability to provide our customers with a more extensive specialty product portfolio and will further develop our depth of technical expertise and innovation. My family built L.V. Lomas over several decades into an organization driven by teamwork, innovation and a dedication to excellence in all that we do. This is a vision closely shared by IMCD and together we will become a market leader in North America for the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food and pharmaceutical ingredients.”
The acquisition will be paid from available cash and existing bank facilities. The closing of the transaction is subject to customary regulatory review and is expected at the end of August 2017.
About IMCD N.V.
IMCD is a market-leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Americas. Listed at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD.AS), IMCD realised revenues of €1,715 million in 2016. In over 40 countries on 6 continents its dedicated team of more than 1,800 technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions for around 34,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.
Source(s): IMCD Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release