IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas
August 4 2017, David R BrownTweet
IMCD N.V., a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients, has announced that it is to acquire 100% of the Canadian and US specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas. The acquisition of L.V. Lomas immediately makes IMCD one of the leading distributors in Canada as well as further enhancing their position in the US.
This is an important step in the further development of IMCD's North America regionPiet van der Slikke
CEO of IMCD
Established in 1960 and with activities at six locations in Canada and the US, including offices in Toronto (Head Office), Montreal and Vancouver, L.V. Lomas is one of North Americas leading distributors of specialty chemicals, ingredients and raw materials and is distinguished by its experienced and qualified professionals that provide its customers with advanced technical support and market intelligence. In 2016, L.V. Lomas generated revenues of C$383 million and realised a normalised EBITDA of C$18 million with approximately 280 employees.
With its asset light business model and long term relationships with leading global chemical and ingredient suppliers L.V. Lomas has an excellent fit with IMCD's business model and strategy and significantly strengthens IMCD's position in North America.
Piet van der Slikke, CEO of IMCD, commented: “This is an important step in the further development of IMCD's North America region as it not only expands our geographical presence into Canada in all core markets but also further strengthens our US organisation and coverage.”
Rand A. Lomas, Chairman of L.V. Lomas added “IMCD will enhance our ability to provide our customers with a more extensive specialty product portfolio and will further develop our depth of technical expertise and innovation. My family built L.V. Lomas over several decades into an organization driven by teamwork, innovation and a dedication to excellence in all that we do. This is a vision closely shared by IMCD and together we will become a market leader in North America for the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food and pharmaceutical ingredients.”
The acquisition will be paid from available cash and existing bank facilities. The closing of the transaction is subject to customary regulatory review and is expected at the end of August 2017.
About IMCD N.V.
IMCD is a market-leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Americas. Listed at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD.AS), IMCD realised revenues of €1,715 million in 2016. In over 40 countries on 6 continents its dedicated team of more than 1,800 technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions for around 34,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.
Source(s): IMCD Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release