German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz.
March 1 2017, David R BrownTweet
Sojitz Corporation has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the shares in Solvadis from Special Situations Venture Partners 2 (SSVP 2), a fund advised by Orlando Management AG (Munich), a leading PE investment advisor. Through the acquisition, Sojitz’ aims to become a global player within the methanol industry. Sojitz also aims to create synergies with Solvadis’ other basic and specialty chemical activities within their global sales network. Alantra advised Sojitz on the deal which is subject to the usual regulatory approvals.
This agreement will create value and invigorate our distribution and marketing networkAndreas Weimann
CEO of Solvadis Group
Solvadis is a well-established chemical marketing and distribution company in Europe which traces its roots back to 1881. It operates sales offices and logistics centers throughout Europe but mainly centered on Germany. The company is recognised for its strengths in sales of basic chemicals such as sulphur, sulphuric acid, and in particular, methanol, of which it handles more than 1 million tpa. Sojitz Group, on the other hand, produces and sells methanol in the Asia region, with sales of more than 1 million tons annually and through the purchase of Solvadis aims to double the volume of methanol it sells and enhance the company's position as a global player within the methanol industry (competing with the likes of Helm AG).
“We are extremely pleased that solvadis will be our dedicated marketing company in the European region,” said Tsutomu Tanaka, MEO of Sojitz Corp., “solvadis's industry knowledge and logistics network will provide suppliers and customers with the highest possible service in the industry.”
“This agreement will create value and invigorate our distribution and marketing network with a higher key competence in our defined business fields,” said Andreas Weimann, CEO of solvadis group.
Sojitz Corporation based in Tokyo, is one of Japan's largest trading companies with more than 400 subsidiaries and affiliates across the world. Sojitz produces and sells around a million tonnes of methanol a year, which is mainly used in the manufacture of paints, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
About Solvadis Group
Solvadis is a group of 10 companies involved with the international marketing and distribution of sulphur, sulphuric acid, methanol, fertilizers and solvents as well as specialty chemicals and polymers. The company was orginally part of the former chemical business of Metallgesellschaft AG and became independent in 2004 when it was bought by funds advised by Orlando Management. In 2016, the company employed around 140 people and generated revenues of around EUR 520 million.
Source(s): Solvadis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release