German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz.
March 1 2017, David R BrownTweet
Sojitz Corporation has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the shares in Solvadis from Special Situations Venture Partners 2 (SSVP 2), a fund advised by Orlando Management AG (Munich), a leading PE investment advisor. Through the acquisition, Sojitz’ aims to become a global player within the methanol industry. Sojitz also aims to create synergies with Solvadis’ other basic and specialty chemical activities within their global sales network. Alantra advised Sojitz on the deal which is subject to the usual regulatory approvals.
This agreement will create value and invigorate our distribution and marketing networkAndreas Weimann
CEO of Solvadis Group
Solvadis is a well-established chemical marketing and distribution company in Europe which traces its roots back to 1881. It operates sales offices and logistics centers throughout Europe but mainly centered on Germany. The company is recognised for its strengths in sales of basic chemicals such as sulphur, sulphuric acid, and in particular, methanol, of which it handles more than 1 million tpa. Sojitz Group, on the other hand, produces and sells methanol in the Asia region, with sales of more than 1 million tons annually and through the purchase of Solvadis aims to double the volume of methanol it sells and enhance the company's position as a global player within the methanol industry (competing with the likes of Helm AG).
“We are extremely pleased that solvadis will be our dedicated marketing company in the European region,” said Tsutomu Tanaka, MEO of Sojitz Corp., “solvadis's industry knowledge and logistics network will provide suppliers and customers with the highest possible service in the industry.”
“This agreement will create value and invigorate our distribution and marketing network with a higher key competence in our defined business fields,” said Andreas Weimann, CEO of solvadis group.
Sojitz Corporation based in Tokyo, is one of Japan's largest trading companies with more than 400 subsidiaries and affiliates across the world. Sojitz produces and sells around a million tonnes of methanol a year, which is mainly used in the manufacture of paints, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
About Solvadis Group
Solvadis is a group of 10 companies involved with the international marketing and distribution of sulphur, sulphuric acid, methanol, fertilizers and solvents as well as specialty chemicals and polymers. The company was orginally part of the former chemical business of Metallgesellschaft AG and became independent in 2004 when it was bought by funds advised by Orlando Management. In 2016, the company employed around 140 people and generated revenues of around EUR 520 million.
Source(s): Solvadis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release