Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V
June 30 2017, David R BrownTweet
Caldic B.V. headquartered in Netherlands, has been acquired by Goldman Sachs Group Inc of the US, a global bank, active in investment banking, securities and investment management. Caldic's parent company, Eikenbosch Holding B.V. signed a share and purchase agreement on the 11th May 2017 for the sale of 100% of the shares in Caldic B.V. to funds for which Goldman Sachs & Co LLC acts as investment manager.
We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth pathMike Ebeling
Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division
Founded in 1970, Caldic is an international full-line distributor of commodity and specialty chemicals to customers in the industrial, health, and food industries with entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. After the retirement of Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr. in 2006 the company has been successfully managed by his son, Olav van Caldenborgh. With a view to securing the company's long-term future, and to fulfil the current growth strategy, it was decided Caldic needed a strong financial partner to help deliver the corporate vision.
Mr. Olav van Caldenborgh underlines the continuation of the current strategy: “I am grateful for the support and vision of my father who brought the company to where we are today. With full commitment and together with all colleagues I will further build on the strong foundation and continue the current direction of the company in the future. Our strategy for further growth, both organically and through acquisitions, will remain unchanged.”
“We are very impressed by the quality and the strength of the company that has been built by Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr.”, says Mike Ebeling, Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division. “We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth path. We are excited to be supporting the company's growth ambitions both organically and through acquisitions.”
The deal gained regulatory approval from the European Commission on the 23rd June 2017 and changes in the shareholding structure of Caldic are expected to be completed over the coming weeks. On completion the shares in Caldic BV will be transferred to Petrus Bidco B.V., an entity controlled by the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
Caldic is an international distributor and producer of ingredients and products for the food, chemical and technical industries with 45 locations including offices, warehouses, laboratories, distribution centres and production facilities in 18 countries across Europe, Asia and North America. In 2016 the Group posted revenues in excessf EUR 750 million and employes over 1,000 people.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release, Other
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release