Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V
June 30 2017, David R BrownTweet
Caldic B.V. headquartered in Netherlands, has been acquired by Goldman Sachs Group Inc of the US, a global bank, active in investment banking, securities and investment management. Caldic's parent company, Eikenbosch Holding B.V. signed a share and purchase agreement on the 11th May 2017 for the sale of 100% of the shares in Caldic B.V. to funds for which Goldman Sachs & Co LLC acts as investment manager.
We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth pathMike Ebeling
Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division
Founded in 1970, Caldic is an international full-line distributor of commodity and specialty chemicals to customers in the industrial, health, and food industries with entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. After the retirement of Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr. in 2006 the company has been successfully managed by his son, Olav van Caldenborgh. With a view to securing the company's long-term future, and to fulfil the current growth strategy, it was decided Caldic needed a strong financial partner to help deliver the corporate vision.
Mr. Olav van Caldenborgh underlines the continuation of the current strategy: “I am grateful for the support and vision of my father who brought the company to where we are today. With full commitment and together with all colleagues I will further build on the strong foundation and continue the current direction of the company in the future. Our strategy for further growth, both organically and through acquisitions, will remain unchanged.”
“We are very impressed by the quality and the strength of the company that has been built by Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr.”, says Mike Ebeling, Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division. “We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth path. We are excited to be supporting the company's growth ambitions both organically and through acquisitions.”
The deal gained regulatory approval from the European Commission on the 23rd June 2017 and changes in the shareholding structure of Caldic are expected to be completed over the coming weeks. On completion the shares in Caldic BV will be transferred to Petrus Bidco B.V., an entity controlled by the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
Caldic is an international distributor and producer of ingredients and products for the food, chemical and technical industries with 45 locations including offices, warehouses, laboratories, distribution centres and production facilities in 18 countries across Europe, Asia and North America. In 2016 the Group posted revenues in excessf EUR 750 million and employes over 1,000 people.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release, Other
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release