Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V
June 30 2017, David R BrownTweet
Caldic B.V. headquartered in Netherlands, has been acquired by Goldman Sachs Group Inc of the US, a global bank, active in investment banking, securities and investment management. Caldic's parent company, Eikenbosch Holding B.V. signed a share and purchase agreement on the 11th May 2017 for the sale of 100% of the shares in Caldic B.V. to funds for which Goldman Sachs & Co LLC acts as investment manager.
We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth pathMike Ebeling
Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division
Founded in 1970, Caldic is an international full-line distributor of commodity and specialty chemicals to customers in the industrial, health, and food industries with entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. After the retirement of Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr. in 2006 the company has been successfully managed by his son, Olav van Caldenborgh. With a view to securing the company's long-term future, and to fulfil the current growth strategy, it was decided Caldic needed a strong financial partner to help deliver the corporate vision.
Mr. Olav van Caldenborgh underlines the continuation of the current strategy: “I am grateful for the support and vision of my father who brought the company to where we are today. With full commitment and together with all colleagues I will further build on the strong foundation and continue the current direction of the company in the future. Our strategy for further growth, both organically and through acquisitions, will remain unchanged.”
“We are very impressed by the quality and the strength of the company that has been built by Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr.”, says Mike Ebeling, Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division. “We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth path. We are excited to be supporting the company's growth ambitions both organically and through acquisitions.”
The deal gained regulatory approval from the European Commission on the 23rd June 2017 and changes in the shareholding structure of Caldic are expected to be completed over the coming weeks. On completion the shares in Caldic BV will be transferred to Petrus Bidco B.V., an entity controlled by the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
Caldic is an international distributor and producer of ingredients and products for the food, chemical and technical industries with 45 locations including offices, warehouses, laboratories, distribution centres and production facilities in 18 countries across Europe, Asia and North America. In 2016 the Group posted revenues in excessf EUR 750 million and employes over 1,000 people.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release, Other
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release