Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market
June 15 2017, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has agreed to acquire Danish distributor of food ingredients and own-brand blends, LCH A/S. Mainly dedicated to serving customers in Denmark, all 16 employees of LCH and its Turkish subsidiary Inno Gida will join Azelis.
The acquisition of LCH immediately doubles the Azelis Nordic Food business, making us a leading food distributor in the regionAnna Bertona
Azelis CEO EMEA
LCH has a strong position in selling functional ingredients and own blends primarily to the Danish food industry and is a trusted partner of the largest bakery customers in Denmark. The company offers innovative products such as organic, preservative-free and protein-rich ingredients and mixes. Like Azelis, LCH strongly focuses on innovation and is committed to targeted product development, which allows rapid response to key market trends that drive growth in the bakery industry.
Ms. Anna Bertona, Azelis CEO EMEA, comments on the deal: &ldquoWe are excited about this acquisition as LCH’s product portfolio is complementary to the current Azelis Nordic Food business. Together we will cover the main food applications markets, such as bakery, confectionery, ingredients and meat & fish. Furthermore, the acquisition of LCH immediately doubles the Azelis Nordic Food business, making us a leading food distributor in the region.”
Mr. Gert Schnoor, LCH CEO, adds: “Azelis and LCH share the same values as well as a focus on innovation, value creation and growth through relationships with carefully selected partners. We are truly satisfied with the deal, since it clearly opens up new opportunities for the LCH team and will allow our business model to expand into new territories. We will become part of a larger, strong, international organisation that offers greater development opportunities on many fronts.”
Mr. Schnoor will become the new Managing Director for the combined Azelis Nordic organisation. He replaces Mr. Andrew Johnson, who has successfully led Azelis Nordics for years and will now relocate to the UK.
The acquisition of LCH endorses the commitment of Azelis' major shareholders – funds advised by Apax Partners – to support the business's growth in the speciality food ingredients and chemical segment.
Azelis is a leading global specialty chemicals distributor providing a wide range of products and services to over 20,000 customers in the personal care, pharma, food and health, animal nutrition, homecare and industrial cleaning, coatings, lubricants and metal working fluids, rubber & plastic additives and chemicals industries. Azelis has a turnover of around €1.5 billion and employs around 1,500 people located in more than 45 facilities in 40 countries across across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release