Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India
March 10 2017, David R BrownTweet
Connell Brothers Company (CBC), a division of Wilbur-Ellis and a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Asia-Pacific, has acquired the assets of The Topical Lab located in Mumbai through its Indian subsidiary Connell Brothers Company (India) Pvt. Ltd. This acquisition by CBC India further reinforces the commitment by the Company to be the leading chemical distributor in Asia.
The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients businessPam Jones
CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director
The Topical Lab is a research hub for aesthetic dermatological formulations development which turns ideas in to innovative, market-ready brands. Developed by its former owner and current leader of CBC's personal care and health care business in India, Mohit Lalvani, this brand incubator helps customers plan and create signature brands meeting exacting requirements.
“The Topical Lab is a one-of-a-kind, high-end research and application development laboratory,” said Lalvani. “The laboratory studies include extensively tested finished formulas, giving customers the ability to launch new products and variants in minimal time and with great confidence.”
This acquisition will add a dedicated team of personal and health care specialists to CBC India's growing employee base which will benefit its customers in India. These specialists will develop cosmeceutical and skin care formulations for pharmaceutical and personal care customers producing ready-to-launch prototypes.
“The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients business and aligns well with our Pilot Plant, acquired in 2015 with our purchase of Mascot Universal's Personal and Health Care business,” said CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director Pam Jones. “We are not just setting standards, but helping customers meet them too. At CBC, we talk about 'creativity beyond chemistry' and the acquisition of The Topical Labs will provide opportunities for us to collaborate with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways.”
About Connell Brothers Company
Founded in 1898, Connell Brothers is the largest marketer and distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients in Asia-Pacific. CBC operates 48 offices in 18 countries and 26 labs in 10 countries and annual sales approaching $800 million. The company is part of the Wilbur-Ellis Group, a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and ingredients, with sales of over $3.1 billion.
Source(s): Connell Brothers Company Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release