Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc.
February 9 2017, David R BrownTweet
US specialty chemicals distributor, TMC Materials Inc. based in Shrewsbury, MA has been bought by Ravago Holdings America as the Group continues to pursue a buy and build strategy to rapidly establish a leading chemical distribution platform in the USA.
With this acquisition of TMC Materials, we establish a strong position on the entire east coastJim Duffy
President and CEO of Ravago Americas
TMC Materials Inc is a distributor of plastics-related materials including epoxies, polyurethanes, plasticizers, pigments, fillers and silicones. The firm was founded in 1999 by owner Kevin Mulkern and now covers 20 states along the east coast of the United States. TMC Materials will continue to operate under its own name.
Jim Duffy, president and CEO of Ravago Americas, said, “The mission of Ravago Chemical is to have a 'global presence with a local feel'. With this acquisition of TMC Materials, we establish a strong position on the entire east coast as we continue to focus our efforts on cultural fit and industry expertise by providing resources to build a world class North American Specialty Distributor Network.”
Kevin Mulkern, owner of TMC Materials, stated, “This is an amazing opportunity for TMC to transition into the next logical step in its growth curve. Becoming part of the Ravago vision offers our suppliers, customers and employees a great opportunity to continue to grow and succeed beyond the 18 years of success, to date. TMC is very excited about this new chapter for our employees, customers and suppliers, as they continue to serve with integrity, honesty, sincerity and hard work.”
In December 2016 Ravago Chemicals acquired Pacific Coast Chemicals of San Francisco, a distributor of pigments, light stabilizers, titanium dioxide, polyurethane dispersions and silicones to the plastic industry following the acquisition of the TH Hilson Company earlier in the year.
About the Ravago Group
Ravago is a privately owned multinational company founded in 1961 which provides distribution, resale, compounding and recycling services for plastic and elastomeric raw materials through a broad network of 200 regional sales offices and production locations. The company is headquartered in Arendonk, Belgium and Orlando Florida. Total Group sales amount to around EUR 6.0 billion and the Group employs over 5,000 people worldwide, distributing almost 9 billion pounds of resins and compounds to 40,000 customers.
Source(s): Ravago Press Pelease
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release