The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH)
February 3 2017, David R BrownTweet
OBG Pharmaceuticals Ltd (OBG) has announced that is has acquired Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH), a long established UK distributor of functional mineral fillers and additives. The business will form part of OBG's Plastics Division, and complements the activities of Hubron Speciality Limited (HSL), an existing subsidiary of OBG involved with the distribution of specialty raw materials to the polymer and related industry sectors.
We look forward to supporting our broadened principal base to build on the opportunities that exist in UK manufacturing marketPadraic O'Brien
Managing Director, OBG Group
Commenting on the completion of the acquisition, Padraic O'Brien OBG Group MD noted: “We are delighted to have RBH join the family. The longstanding relationships at the core of RBH fit with the sustainable long term approach to business taken by OBG. We look forward to supporting our broadened principal base to build on the opportunities that exist in UK manufacturing market.”
Peter Taylor RBH MD addded, “OBG share the ethos of RBH: working with customers, promoting and supporting principals and providing a stimulating and supportive working environment for employees. We are delighted to be part of the OBG Group and believe that working within OBG, and in particular alongside Hubron Speciality Limited, will allow RBH to grow and prosper and will be of significant benefit to our customers, principals and staff. For our customers it will be very much business as usual. For our principals and staff we believe that being part of the OBG Group will allow for on-going development and growth.”
Richard Baker Harrison Limited was founded by Mr. Richard Baker in London in 1858 and the organisation that exists today has evolved from a number of subsequent acquisitions of other mineral and chemical trading companies. Both HSL and RBH believe they share many values in their approach to the business of principal distribution and representation in their markets, the essence of which being business integrity, professionalism and fairness coupled with high levels of customer satisfaction. RBH supplies functional minerals and additives, into a diverse range of industry sectors, to customers across the globe.
About OBG Group
OBG is a privately held business with interests in pharmaceuticals and industrial additives. It aims to unlock potential and profit through enabling entrepreneurial spirit in science-led markets. We value creativity in all areas of business, focus on sustainable enterprise above quick wins and believe strongly in celebrating the individuality of our employees, clients and all group companies.
About Hubron Speciality Ltd
Hubron Speciality Limited was founded in 1954 and has an enviable reputation as a principal distributor of functional additives and speciality modifiers to the wider polymers sector, supported by technical expertise. The markets currently served include A&S; Coatings; Composites; Elastomeric; Thermoplastic; Thermoset and Urethane. Hubron joined the OBG Group in 2004, and has successfully expanded activities using wider Group resources.
Source(s): Hubron Specialty Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release