Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic
January 17 2017, David R BrownTweet
Azelis Americas, part of the Azelis Group, has announced the acquisition of Ross Organic, a specialty distributor to the personal care and home care markets located in Santa Fe, California, USA. The deal increases Azelis Americas presence in these specialty markets in the Western U.S. states and builds on the Dewolf acquistion in 2014. The Ross Organic corporate brand is being retained, along with all the company's employees.
One of the pillars of our Personal Care strategy has been to focus on increasing our footprint in the USFrank Bergonzi
CEO and President of Azelis Americas
Ross Organic was formed in 1987 and supplies a wide range of specialty ingredients from its NACD approved 40,000 sq. ft. facility in the Los Angeles, CA (Santa Fe Springs) area. The company also has an R&D laboratory at the same location to assist customers with product and formulation development.
Frank Bergonzi, CEO and President of Azelis Americas states: “One of the pillars of our Personal Care strategy has been to focus on increasing our footprint in the US in the personal care space. The DeWolf acquisition in early 2014 has been a resounding success, and we feel similarly positive about the addition of Ross Organic. They are a proven leader in the sales and marketing of specialty products and have the technical resources and lab facilities to be successful, which are also key elements to our value proposition.” Mr. Bergonzi concludes: “This acquisition affords us the extended reach and history of sustainable organic growth in a strategically important market segment.”
“It is with great pride and enthusiasm that we join Azelis Americas, the leading specialty chemical distributor in North America. We are confident that this move will further strengthen Ross Organic’s customer and supplier capabilities, as well as ensure we remain the preeminent personal care distributor in the Western US,” says Stephanie Ross Leshney, co-owner and President of Ross Organic. “Becoming part of Azelis is a huge step for the Ross family as we and our employees will celebrate our 30th year in business in 2017. We look forward to celebrating this milestone, and many more, with our new partners and the Azelis family,” she concludes.
Azelis is a leading global specialty chemicals distributor providing a wide range of products and services to over 20,000 customers in the personal care, pharma, food and health, animal nutrition, homecare and industrial cleaning, coatings, lubricants and metal working fluids, rubber & plastic additives and chemicals industries. Azelis has a turnover of around €1.5 billion and employs around 1,500 people located in more than 45 facilities in 40 countries across across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release