Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie
January 5 2017, David R BrownTweet
Stockmeier Chemie GmbH & Co. KG has annouced that it has acquired a ownership interest in specialty chemical distributor, HDS-Chemie Handels Ges.m.b.H. Through this strategic partnership, Stockmeier will add locations in Vienna, Bratislava (Slovakia) and Iasi (Romania) to its European network and extend its reach to markets in Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Macedonia. The existing business of SFC Stockmeier in Vienna will be merged into HDS-Chemie from the beginning of March 1, 2017.
We're planning on expanded market penetration through a high-quality distribution channel in Austria and Eastern EuropePeter Stockmeier
CEO of the STOCKMEIER Group
Managing Partner Christian Schuster, part of the second generation of the founding family, will continue to lead HDS-Chemie and the Stockmeier Group now has a strong partner in Eastern Europe with which it can carry business forward with many customers and supplier partners in these new markets.
“We're very pleased to be able to welcome HDS-Chemie as a new member in our company. With this strategic partnership, we're planning on expanded market penetration through a high-quality distribution channel in Austria and Eastern Europe with a clear focus on speciality chemicals,” says Peter Stockmeier.
“With the sale of company shares to the Stockmeier Group, we gain a strong partner at our side to give us long-term support along the growth course we’ve embarked on. We believe strongly in the work we’re doing together, both in business terms and on a human level,” says Christian Schuster of the decision to partner with the Stockmeier Group.
HDS-Chemie was founded in 1949 and supplies specialty chemicals to a wide range of industries including plastic & rubber, CASE and life sciences.
About the Stockmeier Group
Founded in 1920, the Stockmeier Group is a privately owned full-line distributor and manufacturer currently under the 3rd generation of family ownership. The company has 44 locations (25 in Germany) and services over 30,000 customers in Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Russia and the USA and has around 1,300 employees. In 2015 the Group achieved sales revenues of nearly EUR 1 billion.
Source(s): Stockmeier Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release