Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie
January 5 2017, David R BrownTweet
Stockmeier Chemie GmbH & Co. KG has annouced that it has acquired a ownership interest in specialty chemical distributor, HDS-Chemie Handels Ges.m.b.H. Through this strategic partnership, Stockmeier will add locations in Vienna, Bratislava (Slovakia) and Iasi (Romania) to its European network and extend its reach to markets in Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Macedonia. The existing business of SFC Stockmeier in Vienna will be merged into HDS-Chemie from the beginning of March 1, 2017.
We're planning on expanded market penetration through a high-quality distribution channel in Austria and Eastern EuropePeter Stockmeier
CEO of the STOCKMEIER Group
Managing Partner Christian Schuster, part of the second generation of the founding family, will continue to lead HDS-Chemie and the Stockmeier Group now has a strong partner in Eastern Europe with which it can carry business forward with many customers and supplier partners in these new markets.
“We're very pleased to be able to welcome HDS-Chemie as a new member in our company. With this strategic partnership, we're planning on expanded market penetration through a high-quality distribution channel in Austria and Eastern Europe with a clear focus on speciality chemicals,” says Peter Stockmeier.
“With the sale of company shares to the Stockmeier Group, we gain a strong partner at our side to give us long-term support along the growth course we’ve embarked on. We believe strongly in the work we’re doing together, both in business terms and on a human level,” says Christian Schuster of the decision to partner with the Stockmeier Group.
HDS-Chemie was founded in 1949 and supplies specialty chemicals to a wide range of industries including plastic & rubber, CASE and life sciences.
About the Stockmeier Group
Founded in 1920, the Stockmeier Group is a privately owned full-line distributor and manufacturer currently under the 3rd generation of family ownership. The company has 44 locations (25 in Germany) and services over 30,000 customers in Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Russia and the USA and has around 1,300 employees. In 2015 the Group achieved sales revenues of nearly EUR 1 billion.
Source(s): Stockmeier Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release