Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast
January 4 2017, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has opened a new office in Abidjan, the capital and largest city of Ivory Coast. The new office represents Azelis' continued commitment to invest in Africa and to ensure the company has ample room for its planned growth over the next few years.
This office opening comes at a time when we are actively expanding our reach across the regionBenoit Fritz
Regional Managing Director France & Africa
Azelis has had a presence in Africa since June 2015, when Azelis founded its first subsidiary in Africa, Azelis Morocco.
Benoit Fritz, Regional Managing Director France & Africa, says: “This office opening comes at a time when we are actively expanding our reach across the region. Ivory Coast is uniquely positioned with a strong outlook for future growth”. More specifically on Azelis growth strategy in Africa, Fritz adds: “We will leverage Azelis Group application knowledge and technical expertise to develop solutions that are relevant to the local market needs and unmet demands.”
The Abidjan office will be headed up by Michel Haidon. Haidon previously worked as Market Manager Africa & Israel for a French dairy company. Prior to that he was Market Manager at a leading global ingredients solutions company.
“Azelis will be a perfect partner for the region, offering localised services while retaining the advantage of a global network with a broad product portfolio and teams of dedicated industry specialists,” comments Haidon, Managing Director Azelis Ivory Coast. “We will employ local technical people, have a local warehouse and application laboratory and focus on local customers, enabling us to meet the increasing demand from the emerging middle class,” adds Haidon.
Initially Azelis will focus on speciality ingredients for the Food & Health and Personal Care markets, where experienced teams from Azelis France will guide the sales development efforts and offer technical support. The company is also planning to expand into the Specialty Agri/Horti area.
Azelis is a leading global specialty chemicals distributor providing a wide range of products and services to over 20,000 customers in the personal care, pharma, food and health, animal nutrition, homecare and industrial cleaning, coatings, lubricants and metal working fluids, rubber & plastic additives and chemicals industries. Azelis has a turnover of around €1.5 billion and employs around 1,500 people located in more than 45 facilities in 35 countries across Europe, North America, China, Australia, Canada, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Morocco.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release